Best most reliable G18c type pistol.

Ajax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I am thinking of buying g18c style pistol. Which manufacturer would you recommend? WE? TM? KJW....etc.... 

Thank you.

• Supporters

Tm out of those, but the best would be an upgraded WE tapped for HPA

My team mates one is vicious.

I'd argue there is no perfect G18c. The TM has the best performance but suffers from light striking on full auto.

The WE doesn't have the TM performance but could be bullied with some upgrade parts. 

Great thank you for your help. Quick question how TM mags get on Green Gas? Will they have same issues as TM mk23? Also any views on KJW KP18? Any good?

My Tm G18c mags have no issues with propane unlike mk23 mags.

Tokyo Marui is the way to go here, and I too believe that the AEP is alright too.

I heard that the TM G18C is great too. However, I also heard that spare mags for it are extremely hard to come by.

43 minutes ago, adox said:

I heard that the TM G18C is great too. However, I also heard that spare mags for it are extremely hard to come by.

Ooooo so does it mean that we mags will not fit?

The WE mags are clones of the TMs

1 hour ago, adox said:

do you mean the 50rd ones other wise they are the same mags as the glock 17 mags 

My WE G18c with Maple Leaf hop and crazy jet is an awesome performer. I run it on red gas all year round and have had no issues with it.

Ok so TM is the best. But is it c.£40 better then WE? Comparing prices WE is c.£100 and TW c.£140.

Also what upgrades would you recommend to WE?

Thank you all for your replies.

I owned a WE G18c before I owned a TM one. It became the joke gun me and my brother would use as challenges for CQB because it couldn’t hit the size of a barn door at 10 meters. To make it shoot well you’ll need to change the hop bucking at the very least. Even then, it won’t be as snappy or efficient as a plastic slide TM. My WE is in a box in bits now. Died on me and I’ve no desire to fix it 

8 minutes ago, E21A said:

But the WE, fit £40 maple leaf hop/barrel set and laugh at crying TM owners. 😂

So buy a £100 gun, spend almost half the price again on parts and still have a pot metal gun that doesn’t like the cold? 

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Ok so TM is the best. But is it c.£40 better then WE? Comparing prices WE is c.£100 and TW c.£140.

Also what upgrades would you recommend to WE?

Thank you all for your replies.

I am in no way a TM fan boy but TM pistols are way better than anything else. 

WE glocks are definitely one of the better WE pistols but if you just want to buy something that works with no need to mess get a TM.

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

The WE mags are clones of the TMs

do you mean the 50rd ones other wise they are the same mags as the glock 17 mags 

Sorry, I was referring to the TM G18C AEP. I should have made that more clear

One last question. Will use of green gas like Nuprol 2.0 increase wear and tear in TM. Do you change to Duster gas on summer or is it not really important? Thank you.

I run mine on propane all year round. It’s not recommended but I’ve never had any issues on any of my TM’s. 

18 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

So buy a £100 gun, spend almost half the price again on parts and still have a pot metal gun that doesn’t like the cold? 

They like the cold just fine, it’s green gas that doesn’t. Bonus that it’s not made of cheap, shiny, hard plastic. 

25 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Crying with laughter?

Bore off 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, E21A said:

They like the cold just fine, it’s green gas that doesn’t. Bonus that it’s not made of cheap, shiny, hard plastic. 

Bore off 

No its made of pot metal and just as cheap plastic. Never mind the fact the internals are no where near as good and neither is the gas efficiency.

As for bore off if you make daft comments expect daft comments back.

12 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I run mine on propane all year round. It’s not recommended but I’ve never had any issues on any of my TM’s. 

Some of the old guns didn't like it but anything bought in the last few years green gas is fine.

35 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No its made of pot metal and just as cheap plastic. Never mind the fact the internals are no where near as good and neither is the gas efficiency.

As for bore off if you make daft comments expect daft comments back.

Nust as cheap plastic?? Clearly never compared the 2! Sure the WE isnt the best plastic (vfc one is) but it’s miles better that the hard scratchy shit TM use.

Its a perfectly valid comment based on my actual comparaison of the 2 pistols I own, and the TM owners I’ve outraged with the WE on several occasions. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, E21A said:

Nust as cheap plastic?? Clearly never compared the 2! Sure the WE isnt the best plastic (vfc one is) but it’s miles better that the hard scratchy shit TM use.

Its a perfectly valid comment based on my actual comparaison of the 2 pistols I own, and the TM owners I’ve outraged with the WE on several occasions. 

Nope have compared the 2 and neither company uses great quality materials, always stated that TM uses crap materials in all their guns. Only one that is half decent for material quality is the MWS range.

Difference is TM know how to put average stuff together really well. WE stuff just breaks all the time. The glock is one of their better ones but they still break a lot. I would never recommend any gun that is known to have reliability issues.

Archived