TM Sopmod Sling Recommendation??

Philby21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi gang,

Well I've decided to splurge and have order my Sopmod, already got the wiring adaptor on order too so I can bin the naff stock NiMH battery and switch to LiPo.  Even ordered the little plug thing so that I can run standard M4 mags (already got loads) until I decide to stock up on some of the PTS EPM ones.

Next thing I'm going to need is a sling.  I usually use a single point clip-on with my G36 and other M4 but from looking closely at pictures of the TM there doesn't seem to be a mount on the buffer tube.

So what do others use?  Anyone got any good suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

34 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

You can get a buffer tube mount, or just use a 2 point 

Any recommendations for a 2 point?  When I started out I just picked up a cheap single point for less than a fiver (eBay) but I have to admit that it's served me surprisingly well.  I have no clues about this sort of thing, usually I research things to death but every time I start to look I find about a million brands/variants and it just puts me off - might be an age thing!

2 hours ago, Philby21 said:

Any recommendations for a 2 point?  When I started out I just picked up a cheap single point for less than a fiver (eBay) but I have to admit that it's served me surprisingly well.  I have no clues about this sort of thing, usually I research things to death but every time I start to look I find about a million brands/variants and it just puts me off - might be an age thing!

Ferro concepts slingster - I love mine!

Are you both completely sure?? 😁

Thanks guys, added to the ever growing shopping list!

Make sure what ever you get is a good one.  I've had cheap slings fail and the rifle drop to the ground.

• Supporters
On 10/03/2019 at 15:56, MisterG said:

Make sure what ever you get is a good one.  I've had cheap slings fail and the rifle drop to the ground.

+1 for the Ferro Slingster. Or any decent sling because of this ^^^^^

• Supporters

I use cheap’ish fleabay slings (and have always done) with no problems , obviously if it’s £2.74 posted from China it’ll be utter poop but I’ve always found the ones around the £10 mark or more are fine , give it a very good look over when it arrives (stitching , metalware) and like I said (touch wood) never had any problems . 👍

I guess the weight and type of gun would influence whether it failed and the damage.  Unfortunately and fortunately in my case it was a very heavy DMR with an extended barrel and suppressor.

I say fortunately, as it it dropped straight down and  landed on the suppressor and as it was quite long, didn't fall that far, and the HPA line probably helped keep in upright long enough for me to grab before it fell over.

I think had it been one of my AEG rifles the outcome might have been different.

Archived