Maple Leaf Hop Up Unit and Inner Barrel?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like my WE Glock but the hop is not very effective. Or at least I don't think it is. I've only ever shot it at about 10m and with full hop my shots were landing lowish even with the humble .20. Now it might be that bbs would start to rise beyond 10m and then dip again but I doubt it.

So is it worth investing in the above custom unit, or should I just change the rubber? or buy a rubber and hop unit only and forget the barrel? I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. But if the whole package really works well, it would be worth it.

There is no indication about what material the barrel is made of. Aluminium I imagine. It can't be steel at such a low price. 

Anyone tried one in a WE Glock?

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/ra-tech-upgrade-parts/ra-tech-we-pistol-upgrades/Maple-Leaf-Glock-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html

Buy a different rubber like a ML 50 degree and an I Key tensioner. Turns any well sealed Hop unit into a monster. My TM Strike warrior can lift .5s. 

The whole hop set in theory is better and it’s obviously drop in, but you can get 95% of the gains with just the bucking and I key. I’ve got a 60D maple leaf bucking and I key in my VFC FNX and it happily hops .36’s to 50ish meters

Got the full Maple leaf set up in my G18 but 'just' a hop rubber ,I key and adjuster wheel in the original unit  in my 1911. Both have crazy jet barrels, and the results are amazing. 

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

By a different rubber like a ML 50 degree and an I Key tensioner. Turns any well sealed Hop unit into a monster. My TM Strike warrior can lift .5s. 

^this

ml rubber and an i key and you'll be switching your pistol and rifle roles :P

I've got both maple kits for my G family; one has a crazy jet and the other a maple tight bore iirc. The latter is better as you'll get a slight fps boost, both have the i-key. There's better buckings you can stick in but as an off the shelf upgade hop kit it works wonders. Worth every penny.

Firing 0.3 in mine.

As for Baa Baa Black Sheep I have no comment... :lol:

I'm using a Gunsmithbro hop unit with ML autobot 50 and 80 degree and an elite barrel.

So far I've only tested the 80 but the results were great. Dead eye straight on .2's and half hop with a slight curve to the left at the limit of its range (30-40m on .2) due to uneven hop pressure.

I've adjusted the hop rubber to remove the slight left curve but I've also ordered an I-key which I have yet to install.

I would try changing the rubber first and see what happens. Continue with further upgrades if the desired result is not achieved.

The barrel in that set is a maple leaf monster I think, I’ve put the unit in mine and it’s worth every penny. 

I have swapped the barrel to a crazy jet too. 

Shoots phenominally 

likewise, I also have the set with the crazy jet barrel and it was a pretty good improvement in both range and accuracy.

the only thing that I did have to improve was the angle of the hop arm which was slightly off on mine which created a slight hook at the end of the BB's flight. but that has been easily fixed with a pair of pliers, but the performance boost was well worth a little work 🙂

I should also add that it was only an extra 30 second job and I think that mine must have been a lemon. 

21 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

https://www.skirmshop.nl/en/maple-leaf-glock-hopup-unit-and-autobotcrazy-jet-b.html

Highly recommend this set.

The stock WE hop up is GARBAGE.

Just picked up the standard maple barrel and auto bot bucking my self, not had a chance to try it out yet, but looking forward to seeing what it can do, easy to install as well. 

Recomend skirmish shop as well

B5BA5C4E-2A98-4742-B171-672E87C2A1E1.jpeg

E813C161-352D-4701-B030-70031871EE07.jpeg

I have decided to go for it.

However, I'm at all surprised at all that it is out of stock everywhere in the UK.

One of the things that pees me off about airsoft is that if I want to buy several articles at the same time there is never a retailer with all of them in stock.

Sometimes you have to put in orders to as many as four different shops and pay postage on all of them.

Archived