Need input/advice for 'tightening Trigger, safety & Hammer' on TM R28 (1911 A1) n

Tabitha
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening guys.

I hope this will be an easy question to answer.

I've put together an 1911 A1, the one you see below in the picture. My issue is, the thumb safety, which is both sides, the hammer pull from flat to cocked and lastly the trigger, it wobbles.

I need to 'TIGHTEN' them all up. Right now, they're far far too soft. Instead of a feeling like metal on metal strength/resistance, right now the safety is like flicking a soft switch. The hammer is easy to cock, not much to move it. It's not loose or flappy, it is just able to be cocked using your little finger. 

The trigger is slightly wobbly up and down. 

Any suggestions on making the safety, hammer and trigger more solid. BEEFIER!

Thanks guys.

Tom.

20190308_171155.jpg

1 hour ago, Tabitha said:

Safety is like flicking a soft switch.

Possibly the pin and spring under the safety is worn. Could replace them. Or try bending the safety so it fits more snug (rubs) against the frame.

The hammer is easy to cock, not much to move it. It's not loose or flappy, it is just able to be cocked using your little finger. 

Stiffer hammer spring. (This will reduce gas efficiency slightly)

The trigger is slightly wobbly up and down. 

Not sure. Maybe someone else could help here. But possibly a new trigger bar? Or an aftermarket trigger?

Aftermarket parts tend to be oversized so that they can be fitted to a variety of units. This way you can fit it as tight as you would like.

Cheers ^_^.

The springs are all Guarder 150% upgrades, the frame and slide are the official metal upgrades. 

The whole pistol, internals and external, are all brand new. That said, my taking her apart again and trying the suggested things is a great suggestion. It couldn't hurt.

I was wondering about the Seer spring? Is it an idea to look at bending that a little more to increase the spring-back force?

Archived