Hello from... all over the place!

Stillian
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello AFUK

I've recently become interested in airsoft again thanks to a couple of mates who I discovered are involved already. Tried it a number of years ago and enjoyed, but circumstances at the time meant I couldn't commit. 

I currently write to you from South America/the South Atlantic which is unhelpful (to say the least) for participating in any skirmishing, but on the plus side I have by now read the forums back-to-front in anticipation of returning to the UK! I'll be in the Bucks area from early April and then in the West of Scotland from about August. If any of you play at Skirmish High Wycombe, hopefully we'll say hello soon as that's likely to be my site of choice for the rest of my time in Bucks. If any of you are Glasgow/Edinburgh based I'd love to hear some thoughts on good sites in/near those areas. 

I am quite partial to and paranoid about my face and teeth. In addition to this, apparently it's not unknown for small children to scream loudly upon viewing my face! I feel (for both these reasons 😂) it's important to invest in face/head protection before anything else. I'm likely to go down the route of a FAST helmet and suitable goggles but I'm a little stuck on lower face - tempted by something like https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tmc-jay-tactical-fast-mask-tan/ (I wasn't lying about being a bit face-paranoid!) but any thoughts from wiser minds would be welcome if there is a more suitable solution. 

Look forward to hearing from you all and participating in the community! 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Welcome!

Have a serach for Tigris half mesh masks (there's many companies that make them but that will give you an immediate ref for further searching). They're steel mesh on the front and soft material padded side panels for the cheeks. It's one of the best options for when looking down the sight of a RIF and comfortable with enough protection to leave your features intact. A popular choice...

Welcome! 

For sites near Glasgow, The Depot is my first choice. Fantastic and well run place to play CQB. 

Most lower mesh face masks  work well, so long as they are the "two strap" kind rather than the ones that only have one strap for over your head. If you are getting a helmet, then you can also get them to clip onto the sides of it, rather than over your head. 

• Supporters

Have a look at the Dye i4/i5 for a face mask. It’ll protect your entire face, and I find far more comfy than 2 straps for separate eye pro and face mask.

Hi from Edinburgh 

there are two sites local to us that we play at regularly

Enemy Down , which is near Heriot Watt university on the A71

Land Warrior (the store) has a site at the other end of Edinburgh , near Newtongrange

Enemy Down is on a well established paintball site that I have been playing at since the mid 90’s , regularly 30-40 players when the games are on. 

LWA , is a bit busier and I have seen 60-70 players there

They have apc tanks and various vehicles scattered about the woodland

both great sites, with different challenges 

get in touch when you are in Scotland , we can get you hooked up with a game 👍

Archived