TM H&K trademarks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

External build quality on VFC’s will always blow  TM out of the water. But the TM has more performance potential and functions. 

Probably depends if they import their stock or if they come via a european distributor.

The latter knowing the licence may not be OK. The former not caring as it's not their problem.

Oh and if you want decent trades and nice recoil get an MWS... :lol:

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

More functions?

Bolt stop and ‘recoil’. Being an almost exclusive GBBR user, I like it stopping on empty and keeping the whole manual of arms so it stays ‘muscle memory’. I appreciate how ‘oper8or’ you’ll say that sounds, but use an aeg for 7 hours then pick up a gbbr and watch yourself forget to drop the bolt every time. 

I do agree with you on the recoil though. It’s crap and the wrong way. That’s why in my all bells and whistles 416 I had it taken out to aid gearbox longevity. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Bolt stop and ‘recoil’. Being an almost exclusive GBBR user, I like it stopping on empty and keeping the whole manual of arms so it stays ‘muscle memory’. I appreciate how ‘oper8or’ you’ll say that sounds, but use an aeg for 7 hours then pick up a gbbr and watch yourself forget to drop the bolt every time. 

I do agree with you on the recoil though. It’s crap and the wrong way. That’s why in my all bells and whistles 416 I had it taken out to aid gearbox longevity. 

No I like GBBRs especially the MWS they are great fun. I prefer AEGs at the moment just because I like to see how well I can make one perform.  

If I wanted a 416 I would still go vfc though because while the stock internals are made of cheese I know that by the time I have finished it will outperform the TM and not go boing every time I pull the trigger.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No I like GBBRs especially the MWS they are great fun. I prefer AEGs at the moment just because I like to see how well I can make one perform.  

If I wanted a 416 I would still go vfc though because while the stock internals are made of cheese I know that by the time I have finished it will outperform the TM and not go boing every time I pull the trigger.

Mine doesn’t ‘boing’😂. Are VFC internals made of cheese? My choice for the TM over the VFC is the hop chamber design.

For me and my play style, long range accuracy is my aim for all of my guns, be it a pistol or a sniper rifle. As 95% of the gun’s performance comes from the chamber/barrel/rubber combo, I picked the one I saw as the best design. For reference mine was built by Dave at SixG and it has a milled, elongated barrel window for an elongated R hop and a nub I’m not entirely sure about. 340 FPS and the range is that good I can stand in the open in most instances and pick people off at the edge of my range without being close to being hit by the average player. 

Id love to be able to squeeze TM insides into a VFC body. I’ve never seen a VFC receiver crack

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Mine doesn’t ‘boing’😂. Are VFC internals made of cheese? My choice for the TM over the VFC is the hop chamber design.

For me and my play style, long range accuracy is my aim for all of my guns, be it a pistol or a sniper rifle. As 95% of the gun’s performance comes from the chamber/barrel/rubber combo, I picked the one I saw as the best design. For reference mine was built by Dave at SixG and it has a milled, elongated barrel window for an elongated R hop and a nub I’m not entirely sure about. 340 FPS and the range is that good I can stand in the open in most instances and pick people off at the edge of my range without being close to being hit by the average player. 

Id love to be able to squeeze TM insides into a VFC body. I’ve never seen a VFC receiver crack

All TM recoils/flutters go boing just gets worse the more they are used.

Yeah VFC internals are garbage but then TM internals are not great either. The big difference is TM know how to take average quality parts and put them together very well. VFC on the other hand is like tossing a coin some are ok some are just plain awful.

I never buy a gun for whats inside (except Realsword) because no gun has lasted more than a game before its in pieces, usually they don't even get fired before hitting the bench.

32 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

External build quality on VFC’s will always blow  TM out of the water. But the TM has more performance potential and functions. 

The VFC Umarex branded Glock is nice to look at and has trades, but is not in the same league as a TM when it comes to performance. I would not pay the 60quid extra over the price of the WE version for it or 30 quid extra over the price of the TM Glock.  It is nothing special, and overpriced in my view. I have read some pretty underwhelming reviews of it. 

The only VFC pistol that might tempt me would be the FNX 45. 

@ImTriggerHappy I’ve never noticed a noise but I’ll investigate when I get in. And don’t get me started on realsword. That’s a sore subject at the min 😂

@emilianoksa I completely agree. I run a TM glock, a Tm m4 gbbr, Tm mp7gbbr and a Tm recoil 416 almost exclusively. I do have a VFC FNX (which you’re going welcome to have a play with as you’re local) and a VFC SR-25. Externally they’re both much nicer than most other guns. 

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

It certainly is a matter of opinion. I'm a big fan of most things TM however after comparing my VFC 416A5 to a TM 416 (both tan) Externally I much prefer the VFC over the TM.

I'm not suggesting in any way that the TM is crap, just my own opinion of course!

Internally however I was very disappointed with the VFC when I used it for the first time at a skirmish whilst being stock, it was pretty woeful if I'm being honest! My old Krytac LVOA-S (also stock) shot much better out the box.

I've since spent quite a few beer tokens upgrading the internals on the VFC and it's a little monster! 

This is the money pit...

thumbnail_DSC_0393.jpg.d5822a5410d284d12b95c8bd9ec81aaa.thumb.jpg.5c5cba6138a43152c2404e1546a4d9cd.jpg

394229853_thumbnail_DSC_0394(1).jpg.81aa6a744f42c336b46d8f2501e55eec.thumb.jpg.273ae8aae23a2a589537f4e73cc504a3.jpg

Looks sweet that mate. I can’t be bothered messing with the insides for now is just want to take it out of the box and crack on. The new Umarex A5’s are more true to the real steal ones though, definitely. I’ve just heard mixed reviews about them. Whereas TM’s seem to have better reviews on them ‘out the box’ etc

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Some retailers warn that their TM H&K pistols have had the trades tastefully removed. 

Others make no mention of this, and pictures of their advertised guns show trades.

I imagine that pistols from the TM only or TM mainly retailers will have the trades. Their websites certainly show trades. If not I would have thought they could be returned for a refund under the Trades Description Act. 

I used to think TM guns were overrated and overpriced. That was before I owned one. Soon after receiving it, I bought two more. Although they were gbb pistols, not aegs. I suppose I could have bought an aeg for the cost of the three pistols. But I just love pistols for close quarter stuff. Especially Marui ones.

I couldn't agree more bud. 

Personally you can't beat a good TM pistol! I recently bought a TM HK45T (with trades) 😉 and out the box it's fantastic!

You mentioned the VFC FNX45 in another post. You know TM are bringing one out this year right!?

28 minutes ago, Lima Bravo Zero said:

Looks sweet that mate. I can’t be bothered messing with the insides for now is just want to take it out of the box and crack on. The new Umarex A5’s are more true to the real steal ones though, definitely. I’ve just heard mixed reviews about them. Whereas TM’s seem to have better reviews on them ‘out the box’ etc

Thanks mate,

The A5 and the fact it's pretty much identical to the real steel in terms of colour etc (RAL8000) is what made me pick the VFC up over the TM in the end.

Maybe you should try and get hands on with both rifles and make up your own mind?

• Supporters

All the TM guns I’ve ever bought have had the trademark’s on them , did get a 416 from Echigoya that had liquid latex poured over the trad so it wasn’t visible , but there was a hand written note in the box telling me so , and the best way to peel it off ! 😂😂😂

as to longevity of internals ? I’ve got a 10+yr old socom totally stock bar a deans still going strong (can be a bit temperamental with the bolt stop sometimes but I can live with that at it’s age !) Got an AK74su that’s 7-8yr old again stock bar deans , still going strong and among the 11 other recoils I’ve had over the yrs I’ve only had two go tits up and both were up-graded , one by a well respected business and the other by a friend who really did know his stuff about recoil gearboxes so I know where my opinion sits over TM guns .😉

Archived