TM H&K trademarks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at getting a new TM416 but looks like some are getting their trades taken off - does anyone know of or had any delivered recently still with the trades on? Really like the look of the HK tradesand stuff so wouldn’t want to open my brand new shiny black 416 Delta and find it looking blank and plain and a little bit shoddy 

• Head Moderator

I believe that only Umarex / VFC have the H&K licence to use real trademarks, and TM do not thus have to remove them for the UK market. 

Nice to have trademarks but if it does not, it is still a TM gun.

Using the search tool, has a 3 character minimum length, on word "trademark" brings up this old topic:

Before placing an order bud, just phone the supplier and ask them about H&K trades. 

I think you'll be surprised to find there is plenty of suppliers that mention the lack of trades on their website, but in actual fact leave them alone entirely! 

4 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Before placing an order bud, just phone the supplier and ask them about H&K trades. 

I think you'll be surprised to find there is plenty of suppliers that mention the lack of trades on their website, but in actual fact leave them alone entirely! 

This ^ rarely have I seen one without the trades complete.

1 minute ago, Lima Bravo Zero said:

Sweet. Coz I was swaying toward the Mk18 that’s just come out even though I’ve always loved the look of the 416s but thought they’d be no point if it didn’t have trades.

So that kind of settles it.

Now... do I go Tan or Black 🤔🤔🤔

No point? I don't get what you mean, for realism? I'd just get it engraved.

Yea I like the realism I think the HK stuff looks cool

As mentioned you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere selling without the trades but there are plenty of people that can engrave them for you etc if you did.

• Supporters

Oh my god my anti geardo twitch has gone into overdrive 🤯

Wouldn't buy an airsoft gun without trades because of lack of realism but the 6mm plastic bbs and whiny motor are acceptable?

Give you a tip a TM recoil is no more realistic than any other. The recoil is barely there TM Judder would be a more apt description. It also goes the wrong way, happens a fraction late and as they get older make a stupid boing noise in you ear.

Just buy what looks nice and is reliable and forget the realism because there is honestly none anywhere within airsoft.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Wouldn't buy an airsoft gun without trades because of lack of realism but the 6mm plastic bbs and whiny motor are acceptable?

Give you a tip a TM recoil is no more realistic than any other. The recoil is barely there TM Judder would be a more apt description. It also goes the wrong way, happens a fraction late and as the get older make a stupid boing noise in you ear.

Just buy what looks nice and is reliable and forget the realism because there is honestly none anywhere within airsoft.

How did I guess you’d jump on this 😂

Can I nip in with my standard..."Buy an ERG" refrain again? :P

23 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Give you a tip a TM recoil is no more realistic than any other. The recoil is barely there TM Judder would be a more apt description. It also goes the wrong way, happens a fraction late and as they get older make a stupid boing noise in you ear.

I get that we’re all playing army with our friends using toy guns but for £600 I want my toy to be spot on and if someone’s scratched off a logo before I’ve even opened the box then I’d rather get one thqt hadn’t been fiddled with prior to me getting it

I get that we’re all playing army with our friends using toy guns but for £600 I want my toy to be spot on and if someone’s scratched off a logo before I’ve even opened the box then I’d rather get one thqt hadn’t been fiddled with prior to me getting it

Buy the VFC licensed version then....

Matter of opinion, most would say not but I think TM are overpriced and overrated but hey everyone has an opinion right?

My point was, if trademarks mean that much to you just buy one with trademarks.

If I had that money to spend on a recoil gun I would be getting a KWA ERG C4-10 - oh wait I have.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Lima Bravo Zero said:

No your playing hide and seek or bb-tag.

Spot on means you pull the trigger bb exits and hits someone, bonus points if they are on opposite team

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Can I nip in with my standard..."Buy an ERG" refrain again? :P

Only if I can Chime in with my "Get a Specna" rhetoric as well

Specna SA-H05

eng_pl_SA-H05-Carbine-Replica-23587_9.jp

1 hour ago, Lima Bravo Zero said:

VFC aren’t as good as TM though?

It certainly is a matter of opinion. I'm a big fan of most things TM however after comparing my VFC 416A5 to a TM 416 (both tan) Externally I much prefer the VFC over the TM.

I'm not suggesting in any way that the TM is crap, just my own opinion of course!

Internally however I was very disappointed with the VFC when I used it for the first time at a skirmish whilst being stock, it was pretty woeful if I'm being honest! My old Krytac LVOA-S (also stock) shot much better out the box.

I've since spent quite a few beer tokens upgrading the internals on the VFC and it's a little monster! 

This is the money pit...

thumbnail_DSC_0393.jpg.d5822a5410d284d12b95c8bd9ec81aaa.thumb.jpg.5c5cba6138a43152c2404e1546a4d9cd.jpg

394229853_thumbnail_DSC_0394(1).jpg.81aa6a744f42c336b46d8f2501e55eec.thumb.jpg.273ae8aae23a2a589537f4e73cc504a3.jpg

Some retailers warn that their TM H&K pistols have had the trades tastefully removed. 

Others make no mention of this, and pictures of their advertised guns show trades.

I imagine that pistols from the TM only or TM mainly retailers will have the trades. Their websites certainly show trades. If not I would have thought they could be returned for a refund under the Trades Description Act. 

I used to think TM guns were overrated and overpriced. That was before I owned one. Soon after receiving it, I bought two more. Although they were gbb pistols, not aegs. I suppose I could have bought an aeg for the cost of the three pistols. But I just love pistols for close quarter stuff. Especially Marui ones.

Archived