AEG Spring Crazy

falken_gt4
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I have a self build M4 using RetroArms CNC Gearbox with quick release spring guide.

I am struggling to find a spring to give me 320-325fps to be safe for the 330fps limit at the site I go to. I have the following springs and FPSs using the same rifle.

Guarder SP85 - 290fps

Guarder SP90 - 305fps

Guarder SP100 - 345fps

Element M95 - 355fps

Element M105 - 375fps

SHS M90 - 330fps - winner!!

SHS M100 - 390fps

Can someone recommend me a spring that is in between a Guarder SP90 and SP100, I bought the Element M95 hoping it would be in between but it was more powerful lol.

My air setup setup is;

• TM Type 0 Cylinder
  • SHS 7 Metal Tooth Piston
  • SHS Double O Ring Cylinder Head
  • SHS O Ring Nozzle
  • Element Vented Piston Head
  • Madbull Hopup with Lonex Soft 50 Hopup
  • Vanaras 6.03mm 363mm Inner Barrel

Cheers

Andy

• Supporters

surprised about the element springs tbh

apart from chopping a spring you could try leaving a spring compressed overnight to force it to fade

take an crappy piston, drop a long bolt through it, add strong spring, large robust washer & nut

tighten the nut n bolt to compress spring into old piston

leave over night & retest

might be worth a shot - excuse the pun to save opening up box to remove bearing/piston spacer

what you can try is rotating the spring if you are near that figure

on irregular springs the tightly wound end goes at back

but if you rotate spring so tight coils are up front in piston

you should gain an extra 10fps aprox I found

obviously on regular springs there is no real difference if you rotate them

one thing I would do is ensure your hop is fully dialed in for the bb's you are using

be a bitch if you get it bang on, then lose 10~15fps tweaking the hop to get the lift perfect

Cheers for the reply, I will tune the hop up and see if i can compress the SP100 Guarder spring.

Failing that has anyone done a spring comparison that includes the ones I have and others so I could maybe make an educated guess?

Cheers :)

Andy

Found a winner - SHS M90 gave a consistant 325-330fps

SHS M100 gave a consistant 390fps!!

Have updated the results above, might be useful for a comparison between the springs (rather than the figures themselves) as they were all shot from the same rifle with no changes other than the spring.

Cheers

Andy

Archived