Oh dear

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don't know what people's issues are with this place. I've played the game about two weeks, been registered here about five minutes and already had potentially cash (and frustration) saving advice on my 1911 and been made to feel very welcome.

I think the person behind the original Facebook post probably needs to take his head for a wobble.

• 2 months later...
On 16/03/2019 at 08:04, Canen said:

Really don't know what people's issues are with this place. I've played the game about two weeks, been registered here about five minutes and already had potentially cash (and frustration) saving advice on my 1911 and been made to feel very welcome.

I think the person behind the original Facebook post probably needs to take his head for a wobble.

Same here. Had nothing but support and welcome. to hear that people are shit in all hobbies doesnt suprise me.

To all the folks here, on behalf of us noobs, thanks

• Supporters

lol, 19yrs of playing I'm still learning stuff

13 minutes ago, EDcase said:

We were all noobs once.

Its just about doing some reading before asking questions.

Episode 21_ Ridiculous Regulations _ Craft Beer ___.gif

• Root Admin
On 16/03/2019 at 08:04, Canen said:

It's pretty much because we don't take laziness and single sentence replies or purely anecdotal '+1s' that you see pasted on the more generic FB pages that many have migrated to.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I've always found forums to be a far better source of information that any social media, and the interactions are just as good a lot of the time. If you just want a laugh though FB sometimes beats them out.

6 hours ago, proffrink said:

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I've always found forums to be a far better source of information that any social media

This, sooo much so!  I've joined loads of forums over the years, mostly for various cars/bikes I've owned and forums are always considerably better than FB - especially for having a search function that's actually usable!  FB is, quite frankly, garbage for learning anything useful (there are odd exceptions, including one I'm involved with) but is okay for a laugh if you avoid a lot of the extremely poorly informed tripe.

The important thing to learn with most forums is that the regulars get sick of newcomers asking the same questions over and over again.  People don't seem to realise that it's highly unlikely that they're the first to ask (does happen occasionally), however complicated it might seem to them.

I once saved a previous boss a small fortune by downloading instructions on how to re-pair his wife's remote car keys to her car (one of which had never worked since they bought the car), his local dealer wanted around £100, took him 5 minutes with the instructions I found.  A few hours using the search function and doing a bit of reading can save anyone an absolute fortune, and you learn something!

Archived