Oh dear

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Isn't FB all skittish on gun stuff; can you get their little head patting club closed with a report button or similar?

(Not a member myself so I can only guess...)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Isn't FB all skittish on gun stuff; can you get their little head patting club closed with a report button or similar?

(Not a member myself so I can only guess...)

Thats a bit mean, but technically, yes. You’d have to search through for any posts that mention anything that might be selling, or clever selling, RIFS, IFS, or parts.

You know what will happen then though? The undesirables might end up here, and we don’t want that. Let them play their silly games, troll them a little if you must, and leave them in their pen lol

Wow there are some seriously tetchy snowflakes about. Don’t know what someone has to do to get a reaction that makes them feel that way but as a noob I’ve found this forum to be excellent, some very willing and helpful members, clumpyedge helped me no end recently! If anything sometimes it’s a bit quiet here but indicative of airsoft not being very mainstream I suppose.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Thats a bit mean, but technically, yes. You’d have to search through for any posts that mention anything that might be selling, or clever selling, RIFS, IFS, or parts.

You know what will happen then though? The undesirables might end up here, and we don’t want that. Let them play their silly games, troll them a little if you must, and leave them in their pen lol

Had noted you’d joined today (as I had as well ! 😂) curiosity was getting too much and yes there are a shit load of snowflakes who’s arseholes are stitched tighter than a penguins chuff ! 😖

9 hours ago, GenePoolReject said:

indicative of airsoft not being very mainstream I suppose.

Also the fact that mainstream social media has made forums almost an outdated platform, but with more and more social media clamping down on anything remotely fun forums are stepping back up as a great source of hidden gems of information without all the bullshit from 900 people giving different answers (although some threads on here sometimes end up that way but not many)

Plus and I may sound like a complete arsehole saying this, majority of social media groups like UKAC are filled with people that want to offer information based on nothing more than bad second hand information or something they read on justbbguns website. Have a look on any random day and the information offered up is 99% shite with a really good thing once and a while that gets lost in the other load of shite being posted. Pretty much the reason the people with the best information either stick to the niche forums they started on or started their own groups that they themselves can then moderate.

• Supporters

as above, fb airsoft pages are mostly populated by "operator" walts & kids who have no concern about the legalities of our sport, & therefore aren't interested in ensuring it's longevity 😠.

also very disappointed in the number of sites that no longer keep an up to date website or forum page for game dates/events etc, its lazy & sometimes difficult to find the info you want.

• Supporters

AND I’ve already switched off notifications for it ! Not bad really don’t think I even made a day before I had too to save what’s left of my sanity!  Basically for all the above reasons . 

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Also the fact that mainstream social media has made forums almost an outdated platform, but with more and more social media clamping down on anything remotely fun forums are stepping back up as a great source of hidden gems of information without all the bullshit from 900 people giving different answers (although some threads on here sometimes end up that way but not many)

I think for niche hobbies, Forums will always be useful. I have found plenty of info on forums across various topics over the years that a google search or even asking a friend.

If I am after specific info I search the web for a forum on the topic and search through there for what I need, 90% of the time its always spot on like you say without having to trawl through pages and pages of trash or flame wars..

33 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I think for niche hobbies, Forums will always be useful. I have found plenty of info on forums across various topics over the years that a google search or even asking a friend.

If I am after specific info I search the web for a forum on the topic and search through there for what I need, 90% of the time its always spot on like you say without having to trawl through pages and pages of trash or flame wars..

90% of my answered questions come from googling and not even signing up to specific areas just to ask the question

likewise, Google or even the search function on here is a fantastic way of finding the information you need. plus you find out all sorts of extra useful information which you wouldn't get if you just asked someone. 😀

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

But sometimes that trash gives me hours of entertainment 😈

I dont do social media mainly for this...

In all honesty I dont really care what these other plonkers are saying about us. I find this place entertaining enough and hard to keep up with most of the time :D  

Its the internet, at the end of the day there will be fans of here, and there will be those who are not! This idiot who is bitter for getting found out (re pretending to be a customer) needs to just move on. If his service was good enough he wouldnt need to pretend.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

likewise, Google or even the search function on here is a fantastic way of finding the information you need. plus you find out all sorts of extra useful information which you wouldn't get if you just asked someone. 😀

BUT the flip side is when you do get new members (not singling the new players out just it IS them 90% of the time) asking the same questions over and over again (weird thing is they can come up with 101 different ways of asking the same questions but are unable to find the answer they want them selves ! 😳)that could be answered very easily with these , it does get rather annoying to say the least ? 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

BUT the flip side is when you do get new members (not singling the new players out just it IS them 90% of the time) asking the same questions over and over again (weird thing is they can come up with 101 different ways of asking the same questions but are unable to find the answer they want them selves ! 😳)that could be answered very easily with these , it does get rather annoying to say the least ? 

Search function gif replies are needed

22 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

He lost all credibility using  2” grouping and Nuprol in the same sentence 

If this forum has upset them maybe they should stay away from arrse (army rumour service) I'm not a member or been in the forces but have come across it when looking for info on some of my kit. WOW. Just wow. Some of the grillings people get on there  for not searching or asking silly questions are somthing else.  I cringe for some of the newbies on there.

1 hour ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

If this forum has upset them maybe they should stay away from arrse (army rumour service) I'm not a member or been in the forces but have come across it when looking for info on some of my kit. WOW. Just wow. Some of the grillings people get on there  for not searching or asking silly questions are somthing else.  I cringe for some of the newbies on there.

I am (not forces, but am a member of arrse)

You’re right, they would benefit their lives by staying far away from arrse

Just a pointer about quite a few of the ‘new members’ asking ‘silly questions’, it appears to be a hobby of quite a few to create sock puppet accounts purely for their nights fun of asking stupid questions.  That accounts for a proportion of the ‘firm’ responses (whether they are right or wrong about the validity of the posts)

Currently there is a subject on arrse which attracts a particular kind of poster, and the many threads that keep appearing on it are not ideal places for the unwary.

I can think of more fun things to do with my time. Out of curiosity what subject are you on about? I was looking for cleaning tips on webbing and bit and peices on kit maintainance and that was salty enough. 

1 hour ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

I can think of more fun things to do with my time. Out of curiosity what subject are you on about? I was looking for cleaning tips on webbing and bit and peices on kit maintainance and that was salty enough. 

There have been multiple threads on the incident here in Salisbury over the last year.

New posters are few, but will be viewed with suspicion, and risk being contacted by PM by certain posters for snippets of information 

There are three key posters that are full on trolls:

One is a self confessed war criminal, now using their subsequent account.  They show traits of being a teenage fantasist, but their previous confessions are too realistic, and are obsessed with setting off WW3.  They drink far too much vodka, meths etc and keep forgetting to distract and deny whilst slipping into confession on behalf of the Russian state 

They are the most dispicable individual that I have encountered.

The second appears to have originally a genuine individual, but is now a series of trolls desperately seeking out snippets of information,  denying particular points and backtracking as the official party line changes.  They have multiple personalities and a very broad range of language ability and inability 

The third on the face of it is a conspiracy theorist, but they post distractions and lengthy copy/paste dribble.  The quality of the material in their selective posting has dropped, they regularly post two or more contradictory ‘assumptions’ in one piece.  Their primary role is to blur the subject and sow doubt on anyone googling the subject.  

They are doing a good job at filling the internet with distraction on behalf of a state with a guilty concience

Archived