Tactical Warfare - Featherbed Lane

AKA_Grimz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone. Finally have my first chance this weekend to get my first UK airsoft game in at Tactical Warfare down in Kent / Croydon / London.

Not long relocated from Tokyo where I have lived for the last 3 years and discovered the wonderful world of airsoft. I was a regular player in JP and just wondering if anyone here will be at my new local field (Tactical Warfare) on the 9th March and wouldn't mind making me feel welcome like the Japanese have done. 

My call sign is Grimz (AKA_Grimz on Instagram), so if you see my tags and happen to remember this post. Say Hi! 

I used to play there when I first started out. If you have trasnport then I'd also suggest a trip to DogTag in Crawley which isn't far from there. It's a much nicer place to play.

Japan is my favorite country, loved it there when I visited. Stayed for around a month. Bullet trains, Super Potato in Electric town, Kobe steak in A1, blossom in March and so on. Brilliant shopping too. Great place. Amazing food. I'd like to go back there. Very polite people, they go out of their way to help and take pride in everything they do.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look it up, I'm 20 minutes away from Tactical Warfare. So will be going there often. 

It's cool you got a chance to experience JP! Electric Town is my favourite place, would go there every Friday to see what's new at the airsoft shops. 

I would defo advise anyone who is thinking of visiting Asia to visit Japan, as Immortal said people are polite, they do go out their way to help you and with the Olympics coming up they are making it easier for westerners to get around. 

I got so many airsoft guns whilst living there I struggled to sell them all before leaving and ended up bringing 7 back via UPS. :D

Forgot to add if you fancy an airsoft whilst visiting Tokyo look up Tokyo Airsoft Group on Facebook. Lots of English speaking players there who are happy to take visitors out for games. Mind you outdoor fields are mostly in Chiba (North of Tokyo) and it can up to 2hrs by train to get to them. Well worth the travel! 

Ive played at TWA a couple of times, and wont be returning. Everything posted in the review above is correct. It's full of cheating chavvy teenagers, and the players are basically there to be little more than targets for the staff's children and all their mates that tag along. Its poorly run, poorly marshalled, poorly developed and all in all not a good day of fun, which is the most important bit of a skirmish day.

Save your money and go elsewhere. EAG Dorking is also nearby and an infinitely better site.

1 hour ago, Tiercel said:

Ive played at TWA a couple of times, and wont be returning. Everything posted in the review above is correct. It's full of cheating chavvy teenagers, and the players are basically there to be little more than targets for the staff's children and all their mates that tag along. Its poorly run, poorly marshalled, poorly developed and all in all not a good day of fun, which is the most important bit of a skirmish day.

This is good to know, sounds like my early experiences of paintballing as a teenager. One site to strike off the visit list! 

1 hour ago, Tiercel said:

Save your money and go elsewhere. EAG Dorking is also nearby and an infinitely better site.

Looking forward to my first skirmish at EAG on the 24th, seems to have lots of fans.

Oh God really! The website pictures show happy, professional, dedicated airsofters. Guess they used photoshop or pictures from another field by the sound of it. Haha

Think I will still check it out as it's only 20mins away from me and it will be interesting to see it for myself as it seems there might be a business opportunity in the local area if they really do get the player numbers I have been told. 

Keep the replies going. Really interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. 

It's a shame as the location is good and the actual site play area is pretty good, just everything else is very poor. 

Just to update. Went on Saturday, wasn't so bad. Think all your comments prepared me for the worst. 

The regular players were friendly, only had 1 guy who wasn't calling his hits. Staff had said the would shoot suspected themselves to see what would happen. 

Staff were not bad, they organised best they could with 100 players and only 3 refs in the field.

Lots of kids, which in its self wasnt a bad thing and they were well behaved. Wish I played airsoft when I was there age.

One parent in particular was an arse in the safe zone. Guess he was trying to look big to his kids.

Didnt enjoy it as much as Japan. I'll go back in a couple of weeks to see what its like then and to sort my UKARA form out. 

Its 20 minutes away from where I live as where the other fields mentioned are an hour. 

I'll post again when I visit those fields and hopefully meet up with some of you.

Thanks again for all the replies. 

Archived