TM NGRS part compatibility

matas17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i traded my arp9 for TM NGRS m4 and i was wondering what internal parts of an AEG are compatible with TM NGRS m4. As I am looking into what parts are compatible and cant find a complete list.

If anyone would be able to list parts or tell me whats compatible I would be greatful. 

Thanks

• Supporters

Ergggh, not many. Most of the recoil parts are specifically designed for a recoil. Look at Eagle6 for parts names/numbers but order elsewhere as they are damn expensive.

However, you do not need too, and shouldn’t want to upgrade a TM NGRS, they are brilliant as standard. If it’s not performing well, chances are someone else has had a go at “upgrading” it and doesn’t have the foggiest.

3 hours ago, Prisce said:

Ergggh, not many. Most of the recoil parts are specifically designed for a recoil. Look at Eagle6 for parts names/numbers but order elsewhere as they are damn expensive.

However, you do not need too, and shouldn’t want to upgrade a TM NGRS, they are brilliant as standard. If it’s not performing well, chances are someone else has had a go at “upgrading” it and doesn’t have the foggiest.

At the moment i just want to boost the fps as its shooting 275fps with 0.2g bbs. Can you tell what I should change to boost the fps

1 hour ago, matas17 said:

At the moment i just want to boost the fps as its shooting 275fps with 0.2g bbs. Can you tell what I should change to boost the fps

Why do you want to boost the FPS and what do you THINK will happen when you do?

To boost the FPS of a TM Recoil, you need to effectively replace almost everything and with very specific parts. 

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

To boost the FPS of a TM Recoil, you need to effectively replace almost everything and with very specific parts. 

Just 275 seems bit low for me as I always have my rifles shoot around 320-325fps on 0.2g bbs. 

4 minutes ago, matas17 said:

Just 275 seems bit low for me as I always have my rifles shoot around 320-325fps on 0.2g bbs. 

But what problem do you see in real world performance with 275FPS over 320?

4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

But what problem do you see in real world performance with 275FPS over 320?

I've noticed increased range with higher fps

34 minutes ago, matas17 said:

I've noticed increased range with higher fps

A well set up hop will get more range than fps. And at a fraction of the cost.

10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

That really isnt true at all....you only have to look at the Eagle6 upgrade path to see

image.thumb.png.c0013bbb41db6a2c48a786579aabdb5e.png

36 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

That really isnt true at all....you only have to look at the Eagle6 upgrade path to see

You notice you don't get reliability till level 4? yeah you can dump a stronger spring in it without doing anything else but you are going to shorten the guns life span.

5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

You notice you don't get reliability till level 4? yeah you can dump a stronger spring in it without doing anything else but you are going to shorten the guns life span.

Well I ran my 102 for 3yrs before I sold it with only a spring upgrade. I didn't have any issues.

My other recoils again, are fine. Imo, running 320fps on 'stock' internals isn't something I'd be concerned about

5 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Well I ran my 102 for 3yrs before I sold it with only a spring upgrade. I didn't have any issues.

My other recoils again, are fine. Imo, running 320fps on 'stock' internals isn't something I'd be concerned about

I'll assume you have some skills then. seen too many people upgrade Tokyo Marui guns and never get them to run properly again.

17 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

I meant in regards to the ops desired FPS rating. Replacing a barrel and bucking will not give you a 50FPS increase. So he would need to open the gearbox and replace the spring, which means having to replace other things. 

9 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I meant in regards to the ops desired FPS rating. Replacing a barrel and bucking will not give you a 50FPS increase. So he would need to open the gearbox and replace the spring, which means having to replace other things. 

Not in my years of owning NGRS rifles it doesnt, bumping up 50fps doesnt mean replacing other things. If you wanna go above 350fps then yes, I would recommend replacing other elements but if you want around 315-330 then just changing the spring has never caused me problems and i still retained performance of a TM in other areas. I've owned 5 recoils (currently 3) and as ive said above, no issues to report

5 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Not in my years of owning NGRS rifles it doesnt, bumping up 50fps doesnt mean replacing other things. If you wanna go above 350fps then yes, I would recommend replacing other elements but if you want around 315-330 then just changing the spring has never caused me problems and i still retained performance of a TM in other areas. I've owned 5 recoils (currently 3) and as ive said above, no issues to report

I've changed a spring from stock spring to M95 and currently sitting on 317-321 fps with 0.2g bbs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Your original FPS was down a ‘wee bit’ on what i’d expect on .2’s .

So question is how old is it and how much has it been messed about with ?

Something's not right if your FPS is  that low with an M95, I'd expect circa 340.

Find your air leaks that'll improve your performance more than anything!

Archived