AW Custom M4 Drum mag

Kastrioti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these. They seem really good from videos in terms of having much better consistency over more shots, being the key advantage, but also they can hold 350 rounds and supposedly fire most of them in one fill of gas. 

If anyone has any experience and advice about these, I would greatly appreciate it, as I think it would work really well with my already quite efficient we msk, but I'm not prepared to take a £130 risk.

Thanks

I have one but it's a custom one adapted by a member of this forum for my MWS M4A1. I haven't had a chance to do any serious shooting with it but it works and feeds perfectly fine from the few goes I've had with it at home. No feed issues at all. They're quite heavy even when empty of BBs & gas. And as you said it should be able to dump it's load on one gas fill. A third of a can IIRC to fill it up and the BBs go in a sliding door on the side; just tip in BBs, close, give it a wind, gas goes in the base and off you go. You do have to wind the dial on the front to keep the BBs topped up but other than that it's a nice solution for a GBBR. It's like a giant gas hicap. The drum has those red fins surrounding it which are a rubber and they cushion the mag nicely.

They are very well built mags, well worth the money BUT as with any gas gun, you can’t just put it on full auto and empty the mag, you’ll freeze your bolt.

Think of it  as an alternative to carrrying ten mags.

if you buy one but don’t like it, Ill take it off your hands 👍🏻

Archived