ICS MP5 Selector/Trigger/Switch Issue

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J

Hello all...

So I have this old ICS MP5 - I think its the first version has the clam-shell upper receiver and a flat tab at the rear of the lower which the upper rests on and the stock cap sits around.

I bought a new lower for it (a version 2 from the ICS box it came in), as the old was naff and the selector had worn out the guide.

I replaced the switch assembly, rewired it, added a mosfet, new selector plate as the old was broken and cleaned her up a great deal. But when I put it all together she wouldn't fire (no sound at all) and the trigger wouldn't return when pulled.

I pulled out the gearbox again and tested it and the motor turned when I pulled the trigger.

Could this be due to the old upper and new lower? Could the selector switch not be moving freely with the old gearbox? Is there anything else (quite possible a great deal) I'm missing? Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

Archived