Coloured BB's

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why?  it makes no sense, you need to see them in flight to know where your shooting, set up hop and tell that its feeding ok.

got some 0.33g bb's for my SVU.  G&G. and they are grey, could not see them at all.  only knew it was firing by shooting the ground infront of me. 

why cant they make white (Bio) bb's over a weight of 0.28g

They can. Geoff’s make bio’s that are white and heavy. 

11 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Why?  it makes no sense, you need to see them in flight to know where your shooting, set up hop and tell that its feeding ok.

got some 0.33g bb's for my SVU.  G&G. and they are grey, could not see them at all.  only knew it was firing by shooting the ground infront of me. 

why cant they make white (Bio) bb's over a weight of 0.28g

ASG Precisions .40 are white. 

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

They can. Geoff’s make bio’s that are white and heavy. 

just looked that up.  looks like im getting as bag. outdoor tactical have a few in stock. thanks i should look away from the usual brands then.

• Head Moderator

Why?  Possibly so that their BBs look different to everyone else.  If it is grey, then you know it is the 0.33g BB, and will not be confused with your whitish-yellow ones that are 0.25g.

• Supporters

They make black heavy weights too. Apparently it’s to do with not being able to “see” it and trusting your gun. Well that’s what the guy using them told me.

I like the Black BBs. If you know your rif is shooting straight and know it'll hit at known range then it's a lot of fun.

Some snipers will setup with a white mag and switch to black as it's one less thing to give you position away.

I sometimes run Black BBs in my other rifs too, GBB Pistols, AEGs and GBBRs. I know they're shooting etc so why not.

I don't need to see the BB, in theory the target will shout hit. If not I'm doing it wrong or somethings not setup right.

You may not feel it but you can see it.

It happened to me a couple of times, I got hit, didn't feel it because reasons but I saw the bb bouncing off my arm, and called it.

Can't do that with black bbs.

Personally I never run black/green/grey bbs, just because I can adjust if there's wind or anything like a branch deviating my shots. I know some teams here that only run black/green bbs because they don't want to hear arguments about hit calling. And guess what? They rarely call hits even with white bbs being thrown at them.

BB tracking is extremely important on sniper rifles as you only fire 1 bb per action cycle, and unless the target is looking straight at you he's never going to notice that single bb slowly making its way towards him.

• Supporters

it's a double edged sword, on the one hand if you can trust your gun to shoot consistently and your sight to hold zero (insofar as that's possible in airsoft) it can be great to prevent folk from dodging as they watch your shots come in at range.

on the flip side it's a pain in the ass if something goes wrong and your gun isn't shooting where you think it is can end up getting rather annoyed at the lack of hits.

personally i preferr whites, at least you can keep track of how they're shooting and if you need to tweak the hop/clean the barrel etc etc then you know it needs done, also helps loads when having to apply kentucky windage.

Archived