ExFog build - ESS V12 Advancers

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J

For anyone who is interested @Druid799. Bought a Exfog from Patrol Base a few weeks back, chucked it on some V12 goggles and had, well, no fog, which was nice. 

Here is what I did. 

The ex fog comes with a headband so I fixed a cable tie to the nose bridge and clipped the headband to it (Pic 1). The other end of the headband has a plastic plate attached and either side of the plate are these Velcro straps which wrap around the strap for the goggles (Pic 2).

For the tubes into the goggles I made some holes. The V12s have loads of vents so I used a soldering iron and melted the top most vents on either side to fit the tubes through (Pic 3). I trimmed down some biro lids to put the tubes through. These are in place to stop the straps and the moving parts of the frame clamping down on the tubes and restricting airflow (Pic 4). Then I ran the tubes and cut to size. You get two attachments for the back of the fan unit to direct the air, one which has tubes going down and one going out, I used the out one. 

Then I bought some velcro fabric wire tidy stuff from here and cut that to cover the straps on either side and the tubes (Pic 5&6).

I was worried about the fit and the seal i'd get on my eyes, but it works really well. The side straps sit over the middle of my ears and are very comfortable and I get full seal around my eyes. They sit very nicely just above my mesh mask. (Pic 7) 

One thing I haven't figured out yet it just the placement of the unit with my hat. Its a flex fit, so pretty big and seems to sit low on the back, which pushes the unit down a bit. But its not so bad. Plus, no more fog so, win!

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

DSC_0131.JPG

DSC_0132.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

So the other day I bought these goggles for £9.95 grade 1 condition as I'm looking to get into Airsoft. I'm assuming that although they have the vents and the antifog coating that they do still fog based on your modification of them. Regarding your mod 👍 because it's a brilliant idea I like the use of the velcro to tie the goggle and exfog straps together. I'll be looking at getting a mock fast helmet to hopefully attach the ess to along with the exfog (when I can afford one😂) again great work and creativity 😊

Archived