Quality difference

Arwen
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I won a free G&G ARP and perhaps I got lucky because it's spot on; fires dead straight, lifts 0.3 easily. Only 2 downsides are the mags; hicap is a bag of shite & midcaps are expensive but with a drum it's a happy bb popper. The seocnd issue is they made it near impossible to fit a battery in without buying a third part extender - major design flaw! Otherwise for free I have no complaints. It's like a modern tommy gun. Not something I would have considered buying but for free I'll take it! It's a fun gun.

• Supporters

10 hours ago, Lozart said:

For a lot of people (such as myself) not having to replace the hop and barrel three times is worth more than the cost of the higher quality parts.

And do you think that a pot metal hop unit and a steel(ish) barrel last 4 times as long as plastic and aluminium?

How many hundreds of thousands of rounds do you typically put through your toy guns?

11 hours ago, Lozart said:

For a lot of people (such as myself) not having to replace the hop and barrel three times is worth more than the cost of the higher quality parts.

The only barrel I've had to replace has been on my most expensive AEG (the Aps/Evike Falkor Defence Recce) 

The cheap barrel in the wasp has been spot on, same as the nicer looking one in the viper so far. 

I can't really fault G&G's at all. Out the box both of mine have performed fantasticly. With a flat hop they rival most stock/badly tuned snipers. 

The only problem I've had with my G&G in nearly 2 years is the small spring that moves the trigger contacts back snapped. So it got stuck on continuous full auto or safe. 

• Supporters
On 02/03/2019 at 21:59, Rogerborg said:

And do you think that a pot metal hop unit and a steel(ish) barrel last 4 times as long as plastic and aluminium?

How many hundreds of thousands of rounds do you typically put through your toy guns?

I didn't say pot metal, I said better.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

I didn't say pot metal, I said better. 

OK, genuine question: if I were to buy an AEG hop unit, how would I ensure that I'm buying one made of better-than-pot-metal?

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

OK, genuine question: if I were to buy an AEG hop unit, how would I ensure that I'm buying one made of better-than-pot-metal?

Get a CNC'd aluminium one with a proven design and a decent track record. I mention the latter purely because ProWin hops are CNC'd but seem to be a bit patchy of late on the QC front. That said, precision machined metal isn't always a guarantee of higher quality. It's still perfectly possible to make a superior quality hop out of plastic as long as mould tolerances are decent and the design is good to start with. 

43 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If it’s CNC’d and not cast, it will be good quality metal

• Supporters
Just now, rocketdogbert said:

If it’s CNC’d and not cast, it will be good quality metal

But it'll only be a better hop if it's made well.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just buy a Maxx hop unit

I did. It's laaaarvly.

20 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

TM make their hop units out of plastic.  Enough said. 

TM guns are lower FPS out of the box than everything else. Just saying. 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, E21A said:

TM guns are lower FPS out of the box than everything else. Just saying. 

and yet somehow they shoot further... must be magic!*

*or really good manufacturing tolerances and QC, but probably just magic.  

Archived