What is this item?

samsimsom
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

Iam very sorry, i am not a airsofter but i am a character designer and i started a new 3D model. But im stuck some items name for referace.

i added attacment and marked red and blue line. i dont know whats puspuse and item names, thank you for your help

questions_01.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

That just looks like the hydration tube going from the camelback.

It's been threaded through the straps of the soldier's plate carrier (vest) by the look of it.

He's got a different gun in each picture, but the one circled in blue could just be any CQB (Short) M4, the butt stock style on that gun is called a "Tanker stock"

Image result for tanker stock

21 minutes ago, samsimsom said:

Hello,

Iam very sorry, i am not a airsofter but i am a character designer and i started a new 3D model. But im stuck some items name for referace.

i added attacment and marked red and blue line. i dont know whats puspuse and item names, thank you for your help

questions_01.jpg

Gun circled in blue looks to be a 416c

maxresdefault.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 minute ago, samsimsom said:

Thank you very much, this information will be very useful to me

No problem.

If you ever need high-res or close up shots of certain guns or bits of kit, I'm sure everyone here would be happy to share some clear photos for you to use as reference etc.

• Supporters

Initial observation - the three magazine pouches at the front of the vest are too long and the top is too close to the admin pouch on the chest.

Also, are you modelling a 'real' SF soldier or an airsofter.  A real soldier would have no need for lower face protection other than to hide their identity in which case some form of snood/balaclava would probably be worn.  Looks currently like your model has rigid mesh face protection on.

• Supporters
Just now, samsimsom said:

Thank you so much for observations and proposal. @Lozart and @EvilMonkee
i want to modelling airsofter. I am in the decision phase in this model. at this stage, a lot of things will change and reposition on the character.

I'm thinking about taking your suggestions and making changes. 

Worth having a look at some of the Ghost Recon 3d models for spacing and layout  https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEU_enGB820GB820&biw=1920&bih=945&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=Scd3XNrvAeO61fAPnMmB8As&q=ghost+recon+3d+model&oq=ghost+recon+3d+model&gs_l=img.3...16814.17811..18010...0.0..0.49.93.2......1....1..gws-wiz-img.IpLcTHAphCA#imgrc=_

25 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Also, are you modelling a 'real' SF soldier or an airsofter.  A real soldier would have no need for lower face protection other than to hide their identity in which case some form of snood/balaclava would probably be worn.  Looks currently like your model has rigid mesh face protection on.

FYI  UKSF have used mesh lowers for a while and not just for hiding identities or so I'm led to believe.

7 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

FYI  UKSF have used mesh lowers for a while and not just for hiding identities or so I'm led to believe.

Wasn't that due to using Simunition rounds?

Just now, SgtTalbert said:

Wasn't that due to using Simunition rounds?

No they were seen using them on the ground in the Manchester raids and a few other places, I've asked a friend if he has details on why they would use them over snoods so I'll wait to see what he says. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a reason they were using them over snoods.

Just now, clumpyedge said:

No they were seen using them on the ground in the Manchester raids and a few other places, I've asked a friend if he has details on why they would use them over snoods so I'll wait to see what he says. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a reason they were using them over snoods.

Potential protection 'debris' or 'richochets' or maybe, just maybe, they were actual airsofters...

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

From what I have read its for debris protection like you say.

nintchdbpict000326141585.jpg?strip=all&q

Excellent, mesh masks are now a valid look at Milsims...lol

56 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Ive not known places to stop you using plain ones but having said that I wouldn't be surprised if you rocked up wearing one with a joker smile or some shit on it.

Oh no, I've not been to an event where you're not allowed BUT most 'milsimers' say it 'takes away' from the realism.

I myself normally wear a snood with small mesh underneath

4 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Oh no, I've not been to an event where you're not allowed BUT most 'milsimers' say it 'takes away' from the realism.

I myself normally wear a snood with small mesh underneath

Same mate, just an FYI seems we are both right on the lower face pro assumption as to why they use it. both persec/simunition and a mixture of other things!

Good to learn something new :)

1 hour ago, SgtTalbert said:

Excellent, mesh masks are now a valid look at Milsims...lol

Saw a 'Urban streetwear' store in london the other week with a dummy in the window with a LA Style vest and mesh mask on, so expect you tube drill rappers and then the local park hoodies / roadmen to be looking like skirmishers within the year :o

Just now, Albiscuit said:

Saw a 'Urban streetwear' store in london the other week with a dummy in the window with a LA Style vest and mesh mask on, so expect you tube drill rappers and then the local park hoodies / roadmen to be looking like skirmishers within the year :o

Sounds like we're getting closer to The Purge every day.

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

From what I have read its for debris protection like you say.

nintchdbpict000326141585.jpg?strip=all&q

Likely to protect from a comrade's brass. 

3 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

Likely to protect from a comrade's brass. 

If they are shooting that close, outside the the 2-3 seconds around breaching. There is an issue in my mind. One sweep of enemy gunfire, grenade, even, tripping due to be so close is a big problem.

Just think in airsoft when people cluster in a doorway and/or room - in real world, brass would be the least of my concerns

2 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

If they are shooting that close, outside the the 2-3 seconds around breaching. There is an issue in my mind. One sweep of enemy gunfire, grenade, even, tripping due to be so close is a big problem.

Just think in airsoft when people cluster in a doorway and/or room - in real world, brass would be the least of my concerns

If you get hit in the face by brass, you flinch, it distracts you, and in such a situation, it's something you can ill afford. 

Also brass goes a long fucking way dude. 10 feet sometimes, you don't have to be less than a meter away, it'll go all the way across a room sometimes. 

Archived