Airsoft shooting range provides Donald Trump target

Rogerborg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

The fact is, we've never had so many kids trying to kill themselves, half of all girls cut themselves,

Serious question , in relation to self harm have you got any solid empirical evidence of this ? 

Reason I ask is I work in A&E and have done for a good few yrs and I’ve not seen a noticeable increase in the numbers I’m dealing with in that time . 

As to attempted suicides I do agree there are more happening but and it’s a very  important but I’ve also seen a very big increase in the numbers who've done it for the silliest of reasons and that I blame on social media and the ‘perfect celebrity’ culture we’re living in . 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Immortal And yet here you are again. 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Serious question , in relation to self harm have you got any solid empirical evidence of this ? 

Reason I ask is I work in A&E and have done for a good few yrs and I’ve not seen a noticeable increase in the numbers I’m dealing with in that time . 

As to attempted suicides I do agree there are more happening but and it’s a very  important but I’ve also seen a very big increase in the numbers who've done it for the silliest of reasons and that I blame on social media and the ‘perfect celebrity’ culture we’re living in . 

The majority is and never will be bad enough it will come to your attention, thankfully.

all the training I have had in the past few years has said there has been an increase. As far as evidence goes I have not seen any hard evidence personally but would stake my professional opinion on it rising.

however, it’s a hard one. As young people are often good at hiding it and not speaking about it. Same goes for it being more socially accepted as a thing. As someone mention earlier these things have been going on for years but culture and society didn’t speak about it and it was not in the public eye so the rise (contrary to what I just said) May be because it IS easier for people to talk about it, therefore it’s more reported!! 

I work with with kids and have seen an increase certainly in awareness by young people and professionals as well as having more open conversations with kids about it

• Head Moderator

This topic has now gone so far off-topic from Latest News that I am moving it.

silly meme.png

I believe what Alibiscuit is trying to get across is the need for what is called the 'Rule of Law' and our good old innocent till proven guilty thing. I could murder someone live on national TV and rightly be arrested for it but remain innocent until convicted in a Court of Law.  She hasn't been convicted in a UK court and hence technically remains innocent so why punish her by removing her citizenship.  I understand the point but frankly, fuck her. :)

Basically yeah.. 

alrhough the removing citizenship thing hasnt hasn’t really angered me, as I would HOPE and expect the decision was taken based on actual evidence and thoroughly weighed up options by people far more educated, informed and better placed to make these decisions than me! 

More annoyed at the media handling and over reaction from the public over it all.

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

thanks for checking me on that, it's statically a quarter not half. 
https://www.nhs.uk/news/mental-health/nearly-quarter-14-year-old-girls-uk-self-harming-charity-reports/

But most kids don't got to A&E didn't, they hide it from their parents, and most self harm is superficial, and doesn't need stitches on my experience. 

Archived