Airsoft shooting range provides Donald Trump target

Rogerborg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I know all sort of "girls" in airsoft but it is ok I don't play in a forlorn hope of airsoft romance.

I have the 5'11 leggy gym bunny wife for to cover that.

what's with the quotes? XD 

I had one. first time, no word of a lie, never again, not nearly enough airsoft sites.

Awww monogamy, cute. <3

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What factual basis do you have for this belief?

If it's "muh feels", then that's all that it is.

If we can't have a laugh over things that are laughable, then what's the point of anything?

Here's the factual basis: You know full well that it is illegal(!) to manufacture/import/sell RIFs and that the defence can be invoked when someone is charged with that offense. Furthermore, the defence is a statutory instrument that can be scrapped with a tick of the home secretary's pen. So saying that airsoft is on a knife's edge is a perfectly reasonable opinion to have - there is no need for you to be so patronising and to be frank it reeks of insecurity.

Cheers

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Here's the factual basis: You know full well that it is illegal(!) to manufacture/import/sell RIFs and that the defence can be invoked when someone is charged with that offense. Furthermore, the defence is a statutory instrument that can be scrapped with a tick of the home secretary's pen. So saying that airsoft is on a knife's edge is a perfectly reasonable opinion to have - there is no need for you to be so patronising and to be frank it reeks of insecurity.

Cheers

What the hell are you on about?

This is about shooting paper targets isn't it? What has it got to do with manufacturing a rif?

Accusing someone of insecurity when you are claiming airsoft is balancing on a knife edge based on your own paranoid ramblings is bit off.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What the hell are you on about?

This is about shooting paper targets isn't it? What has it got to do with manufacturing a rif?

Accusing someone of insecurity when you are claiming airsoft is balancing on a knife edge based on your own paranoid ramblings is bit off.

It was in response, to a response, to a post made by andydynamic on page 1. Yea technically a bit offtopic but so it goes! And im not paranoid, just cautious ;)

Cheers

46 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Cheers

It can't be, it was passed by parliament. An act of parliament may only be amended by an act of Parliament. 

It's a bit like the 1967 sexaul offense law I grant you, and you;re right it's not per-se legal, but it is de jure legal. 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Just reading through the comments on the UKAPU page has made me realise the amount of racists there are in Airsoft.

Really? You've only just noticed?

38 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Really? You've only just noticed?

They tend to keep quiet until one of them can't keep their mouth shut anymore. Then they all jump in. 

30 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

It can't be, it was passed by parliament. An act of parliament may only be amended by an act of Parliament. 

It's a bit like the 1967 sexaul offense law I grant you, and you;re right it's not per-se legal, but it is de jure legal. 

I may be wrong (as I often am) but as far as I am aware the "defence" is not in the act of parliament (VCRA), but in the regulations to the act:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2606/pdfs/uksi_20072606_en.pdf

Again, as far as I know parliament can't amend an SI. I think in this case it is up to the Home Sec. But I'm not certain.

FWIW UKAPU say as much:

https://www.ukapu.org.uk/about/frequently-asked-questions/

This is not a hill I am willing to die on, and would legit liked to be proved wrong on this one haha

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

I don't generally see the point, in having a spine, if you don't ever stand for anything. Like empathy and respect for example. 

‘Empathy and respect’ are meaningless buzz word to you I actually understand what they mean ,

Empathy ? Try holding someone’s hand while there dying on there own AND they know there dying .

Respect ? helping a 98yr old man to stand so he can salute the cenotaph with tears streaming down his face because he’s still racked with guilt that he lived and his mates didn’t . I have .

So whilst discussing wether it’s appropriate to use targets depicting Trump and the Begum ones does NOT use these words .

You my friend are a special kind of snowflake !🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

‘Empathy and respect’ are meaningless buzz word to you I actually understand what they mean ,

Empathy ? Try holding someone’s hand while there dying on there own AND they know there dying .

Respect ? helping a 98yr old man to stand so he can salute the cenotaph with tears streaming down his face because he’s still racked with guilt that he lived and his mates didn’t . I have .

So whilst discussing wether it’s appropriate to use targets depicting Trump and the Begum ones does NOT use these words .

Empathy? Try watching someone get gatekeep'd to heck

Respect? Nah.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, bladerunner168 said:

That's also a meaningless buzz word.

Ahh but that’s where your wrong good sir , the term snowflake as a derogatory term has actually been around for yrs , you ask anyone who’s served in the forces and they’ll know it , it’s just that it’s become mainstream recently .

Any hoo , back on topic I’d say no it’s not in bad taste as there both people who’ve placed them selves in the spotlight and there both of very dubious character so I’d say it’s more than acceptable to use them as targets  .

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Empathy and respect come in all forms not just the ones that you choose to subscribe to.

Whether the situation is big or small it is all the same thing and not everybody's life throws up the sort of situations you have gone through. But that doesn't give anybody the right to say that somebody doesn't understand empathy and decency because they don't know it the same way. Same thing different circumstances.

As for snowflake we all are because there is something that triggers all of and makes us melt.

As for the targets people have been sticking pictures on targets for years. Bad taste maybe but offensive, nah not really.

Some of the bigoted ill informed bullshit this threw up in other places hasn't made airsofters look good though.

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Ahh but that’s where your wrong good sir , the term snowflake as a derogatory term has actually been around for yrs , you ask anyone who’s served in the forces and they’ll know it , it’s just that it’s become mainstream recently .

It's meaningless in the sense of what the poster below said, everyone has something that sets us off, to highlight this is futile.

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for snowflake we all are because there is something that triggers all of and makes us melt.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, bladerunner168 said:

It's meaningless in the sense of what the poster below said, everyone has something that sets us off, to highlight this is futile.

No a buzz word though as it has been around for ever. A buzzword is something that has cropped up new to describe some new, a fashionable thing. 

Like my boy keeps coming out with griefer? and I have to remember that we all said stupid shit when young and he doesn't need a good shaking.

Snowflakes, Cupcakes, Delicate Flowers... and the list goes on.

The difference with the current 'Snowflakes' usage is it's applied to a whole generation. The ones that can't touch raw meats, that are offended by the teeniest ickle thing even when they don't understand it (or perhaps because they don't... :lol:) Über sensitive to the slightest thing and think it's so damn important that the planet should stop spinning to take note of their fragile opinion.

No doubt I'll get a "careful now" reaction, gimme... :lol:

[Insert faceplam below here :lol:]

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Empathy and respect come in all forms not just the ones that you choose to subscribe to.

Whether the situation is big or small it is all the same thing and not everybody's life throws up the sort of situations you have gone through. But that doesn't give anybody the right to say that somebody doesn't understand empathy and decency because they don't know it the same way. Same thing different circumstances.

Couldn’t agree more but when your accused of not having it then yes I will reply to that in this manor .

29 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Any hoo , back on topic I’d say no it’s not in bad taste as there both people who’ve placed them selves in the spotlight and there both of very dubious character so I’d say it’s more than acceptable to use them as targets  .

Ah, so you do have an opinion then. I can't speak for trump (I'd like trump if pence wasn't in the picture pulling his strings), but ms begun has not put herself in the spotlight at all, when she left she did it of her own volition (and not for attention), albiet as a 15 year old groomed (for sex), and was in the news more because of the cluster nature of that event than the actual act; and when she returned to the public eye it was because she naively allowed unscruptuous journalists to interview her without anyone looking out for her welbeing. And those journalists failed to point out that when she was interviewed she was surrounded by ISIS sympathisers and couldn't really speak ill for them for fear of, you know, being murdered the next day.

Your premise that she "put herself" is wrong. She was put in the public eye by main steam media.

To save you asking where I might stand on the greater issue (largely irrelevant here) I think it's a great injustice that she has commited a crime in the UK and then gotten away with it without any punishment under law. That is offensive to me, she should be back here doing the time for her offences (whatever they might be).

2 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

That is offensive to me, she should be back here doing the time for her offences (whatever they might be).

I would argue for 'publicly executed on the Buckingham Palace lawn'... But that's just me.

1 minute ago, Sacarathe said:

Martydom ftw.

They can have their martyr, they make themselves Martyr's anyway... One more won't hurt anything... But I would enjoy it. VIP tickets? Yes please!

Archived