Airsoft shooting range provides Donald Trump target

Rogerborg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I was shocked and appalled to discover that Wallasey Ultimate Airsoft Range is providing paper targets of President Donald Trump to shoot at.  This is dreadfully irresponsible and shows our hobby in a very poor light. I hope they reflect on the wisdom and basic humanity of this decision.

Oh, and also they have targets of ISIS bride Shamima Begum as well, which I couldn't give a toss about, despite the manufactured outrage.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utterly stupid behaviour from UAR. Cba to chat about Begum that's been done to death but i give lots of shits about airsoft.

Ultimately it's a niche and probably misunderstood hobby - we need bad, 'racially charged' PR like a hole in the head. 

I might be taking this too seriously but pre VCRA days are still very fresh in my mind and i remember all the bad press we had at that time. I hope that isn't repeated.

Edit: can we please consider that you can view this forum without an account & what is funny in the safezone with your mates might not as funny to a journalist looking for an ez story! Cf VICE and arrse. Cheers

Cheers

• Head Moderator
42 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I'm on the fence wall too.

Need to build the wall first :) 

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Edit: can we please consider that you can view this forum without an account & what is funny in the safezone with your mates might not as funny to a journalist looking for an ez story!

I appreciate the concern, but the damage, if any, has already been done by the linked article.  We needn't profess excoriation and tut ostentatiously just in case any journos come sniffing around here looking to re-heat yesterday's story. There's more eyeballs and money in chasing/inventing the next outrage rather than following up on the last one.

And yes, there's a strong degree of eye rolling from me that there was no interest in that site providing targets of public figures until this particular one was made available - by customer demand - and offence was feigned.

Cheer up, not everything is a harbinger of imminent disaster.

With others on this - Airsoft is legally on a knife edge and it's things like this that will make some hand-wringing-worrier lobby parliament and next thing you know we'll have permanently orange RIFs.

Although the MPs assumption that kids as young as 6 will be taking part in Airsoft I think is a bit off, is there any site that allows that young?

1 hour ago, AndyDynamic said:

With others on this - Airsoft is legally on a knife edge and it's things like this that will make some hand-wringing-worrier lobby parliament and next thing you know we'll have permanently orange RIFs.

Although the MPs assumption that kids as young as 6 will be taking part in Airsoft I think is a bit off, is there any site that allows that young?

The site concerned (shooting range) does....

This isn’t the end of the world though, it’s happened and will generate some outrage for a day or two

Scotland has very highly proactive anti gun politicians, and it’s taken them many years of campaigning to manage to get airsoft guns controlled under a permit.

Hard lined enforcement of the law with regard to air guns and interpreting co2 powered paintball in the 80s as illegal firearms with the repeated busting of sites resulted in changes to legislation to legalise co2 powered

air weapons.

It does appear to be a bit of a foolish idea for targets by the range - but I’d bet that they see an increase of business from the publicity 

3F7EBFA6-808F-4804-BD8A-F10B4454BC34.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AndyDynamic said:

Airsoft is legally on a knife edge

What factual basis do you have for this belief?

If it's "muh feels", then that's all that it is.

If we can't have a laugh over things that are laughable, then what's the point of anything?

I actually like Donald; he makes a change from the norm even if he does step on peoples toes. He's achieved more than his predecessor has already (which I guess wasn't hard as Obama achieved next to nothing except to be the first ethnic President).

And face it; nobody honest can afford to run for President... :lol:

55 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If we can't have a laugh over things that are laughable, then what's the point of anything?

Agreed majorly

All gun related games have been on the verge of imminent bans, with just one more outrageous daily mail headline ready to push them over the cliff edge for the 15 years I’ve been playing 

.... let alone computer games .... make those about 40 odd years or more 

Leisure suit Larry 1980s

Carmageddon & GTA 1990s

Thrill kill / wu tang taste the pain in the late 90s

and I bet their were concerns about pong back in the 70s

... I had to remind my 25 year old nephew at Christmas as he opened his new old school PlayStation that he’s been banned from GTA since he used up his brothers flamethrower rage as a toddler 

my sister heard “mum mum, Andrews ruining my rage burning everyone in the street”

”its only a game”

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I was shocked and appalled to discover that Wallasey Ultimate Airsoft Range is providing paper targets of President Donald Trump to shoot at.  This is dreadfully irresponsible and shows our hobby in a very poor light. I hope they reflect on the wisdom and basic humanity of this decision.

Oh, and also they have targets of ISIS bride Shamima Begum as well, which I couldn't give a toss about, despite the manufactured outrage.

I don't hold with shooting at pictures of real people. 

Spoiler

Trumps a wankers, and also the ISIS bride shouldn't be held responsible for what she did at 15, the fact she's still a civilian killing prick however. 

54 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I actually like Donald; he makes a change from the norm even if he does step on peoples toes. He's achieved more than his predecessor has already (which I guess wasn't hard as Obama achieved next to nothing except to be the first ethnic President).

And face it; nobody honest can afford to run for President... :lol:

Spoiler

Gay marriage. 

Trump has achieved nothing other than ripping up the ACA, which Obama implemented, continuing the largest easily preventable humanitarian crisis in the developed world. 

He's built no walls. He did meet with Mr. Kim. That is true. That's a big tick. 

Trump is a wanker, son, a wanker, who think because he doesn't like something it makes it bad. He's also an absolute prick. 

Oh, and worst of all, HE WAS LATE FOR THE QUEEN. HEW MADE Her MAJ WAIT!

WARNING CONTAINS POLITICAL VIEWS. 

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Swearing is just a shortcut to losing a debate. :lol:

You're entitled to your opinions though, just as I and just as Trump is like them or not...

Spoiler

Swearing is a perfectly legitimate way of expressing onself.

And you're right, we both are. Problem is Mr trump keeps telling me my dick makes me a guy, which is pretty fucking insulting. 

the guy can't mind his own, and he wants to get all up in other people business.

Just now, Immortal said:

Swearing is a perfectly legitimate way of expressing onself.

And you're right, we both are. Problem is Mr trump keeps telling me my dick makes me a guy, which is pretty fucking insulting. 

the guy can't mind his own, and he wants to get all up in other people business.

Well.... not sure how to answer that one tbh. I think it's best just left hanging there... :lol:

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

No facts I'm afraid but you just have to look at the hoops Ukapu has jumped through with regards to legislation to get us where we are now.

As others have said, all it takes is a Daily Mail headline - "KIDS AS YOUNG AS 6 WITH GUNS ON YOUR STREETS" and the government will lap it up as a Brexit distraction for a few days. It was a fool hardy decision by the site to allow this, and if they are indeed allowing kids as young as 6 to handle RIFs then I'm sorry, but that's frankly stupid.

Archived