Forum update - February 2019

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

This update changes a reasonable amount behind the scenes and so I'm expecting it to break some stuff.

What I already know is broken:

• Some 500 errors when visiting the messenger - I'm hoping this is just down to high server load due to the whole website reindexing itself after this update. Will report back on this in an hour. 502 errors still happening but being worked on
  • Broken templates in the classifieds area - working on this now Classifieds online, but some changes from the past have been removed - will re-add these edits in the week
  • Certain HTML not parsing in people's description/profile fields (such as guns, loadouts etc.) - unlikely there will be a fix for this

• Root Admin

Thanks for the reports so far :)

Basically the website is recursively going back through all threads and applying 'lazyload' to images. This should mean more efficient loading on mobile devices as it'll only load images that're within view/have been viewed rather than the entire page before you've even scrolled. I think this is what's spiking the server load and causing issues with non-cached pages (i.e. pages that change so often that the website doesn't keep a pre-existing copy of them) such as the messenger/PMs, editing threads etc. but we'll see. We've had this happen before with updates so hopefully it subsides soon.

• Root Admin

Classifieds are back online but I've rolled back some of the custom changes I made (mostly minor ones such as showing the whole title in the index, showing the categories in the category view etc.) as these were partially overwritten as a part of the update. I will re-implement them over the next couple of days. Beats the classifieds being offline entirely though I hope.

Still working on the random 502 errors in certain parts of the site.

I've been trying to access my messages but it just flags up as "Error 502".

Just thought i'd throw this one into the mix.

• Root Admin

Yep, already on both of those as all of the 502s seem related as they're all on dynamic/non-caching pages. Given that the update touted some new caching stuff, I think this matches up but we'll see. I have a ticket open so just waiting on a response to that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Archived