CM16 Raider 2.0 upgrade advice

Cornholio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New here but I've had my Raider for some time now. I haven't got the most money to go out and get new guns every time I want a change and lets be honest, even if I did that someone would say it needs upgraded, so I'm keen to see what you would recommend upgrade wise for my raider 2.0 (just the normal version, not the 2.0E).

I want a bit more length to the gun, range and accuracy more than anything, so any tips for mods to achieve that and specific brands or types would be appreciated. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read I could be doing with a new hop up, piston and longer inner barrel. I already have a 15" handguard and the suppressor is recessed because my barrels haven't been changed, so I have some room to play with on that side of things. 

I'm new to modifying anything internally, so you'll need to dumb things down a bit for me, but I feel capable enough  :) 

• Supporters

longer inner barrel won't necessarily give you better range/accuracy.

first off i'd look at your bb's, start running something heavier (as heavy as you can afford to throw in the gun)

next up would be the hop, if the stock can't lift heavier ammo all that well then the most economical upgrade is the flathop which will require a nub but you can just use your stock rubber (g&g green are pretty decent compound), turn the rubber inside out and trim off the lumps and bumps inside so it's smooth, then re-install it but turn it 90° from its original position so the side of the original rubber is over the barrel then put the lot back together with the flat hop nub (it may need trimmed to fit the window).

*important* before putting the barrel back in the gun turn the hop on and look down the barrel and make sure it's nice and centred around the top (ie not leaning out to one side), the barrel may need "twiddled" a bit to get it just perfect but it'll stop your bb's curving off to the left/right.

next up you have a choice, depending on your site's limits you might want to consider upgrading the spring to bring it closer to the limit if your gun is firing below, this will mean having to strip the gearbox so if you're not confident in doing that then you can get a shop to do it for you.

Perfect, cheers. Some good stuff there to look into then. I found a nice site on here that compares all the BB weights and quite fancy seeing if my Raider can manage 0.3 as the first step. Failing that I'll follow your steps :) 

I’m in exactly the same situation as you, exactly the same AEG

I’ve been using .25s, and I only really play CQB at the moment, so range isn’t too much of a consideration....but I want to have a tweak and smooth things up a bit.

Currently debating the most economical options.

Archived