battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Is there a PC open beta?

• Supporters

Another game to add to my list of downloads that my internet can't handle.

Currently downloading 24GB - going to take 195 days.. On Friday, Driver: San Francisco is released, so that'll be downloading. So will BF3 Beta. I'll play them all in about a year..

• Supporters

My tag is Bullet4MyEnemy.

32 for 2 is my best game so far, I'm level 12 and I'm totally loving the SV98 with 12x scope and bipod and the M16.

It's such a damn awesome game and it's not even in the final stage yet, I can't wait for Oct 29th.

On another note, the straight pull bolt thing seems to just increase aiming stability and general accuracy a bit, but you can't use it in conjunction with the bipod, so I've more or less totally disregarded it lol.

• Supporters

Wow. I need to download this beta. My other games can wait.

I love fibreopit internets :D Downloaded beta for Xbox and PC. been looking on the official forums, alot of pc guys are saying that they are going to have servers up to support 124player games, while official ones will only support 64...........Dice claimed that it can handle up to 256 total............EPIC :D

So yeah Xbox when friends are up. PC when i want to be a nerd

• Supporters

US have the M16A3, M4A1, Mk11/10, I forget which but I think it's an M110 either way and an M29 for support.

SMAW is the US anti tank, though there's no vehicles in the beta unfortunately.

Side arm is M9, but I've also unlocked the Glock 17C and the M9 tac, which is the same as the M9 + a flashlight.

You can change firemode and switch attachments on an off etc.

The Russians have the AK74M, AKS74u, RPK and Dragunov to start with, the Grach being their side arm and the RPG7 their anti tank.

I've also unlocked the PP2000 for all classes, it counts as a primary though, and the M870 shotgun.

Then obviously I also have the SV98. All the listed starting weapons are allocated per team, the US can't spawn with the Russian starting weapons, but unlocks can be used across the board.

It's seriously good.

I wish I could play it on PC though, having more players would be good, though the beta map might seem a little crowded, especially once you get into the metro tunnels.

..........not played the beta yet..........but they went with MOH style gun selections?

I f*cking hated that.

• Supporters
What button do u use for the fire selector?

It's down on the d-pad, which wasn't used in BFBC2 and up is to switch on lasers and torches etc. So the controls are exactly the same as bad company just with the added functions of up and down.

To deploy bipods you just press the aim button briefly to mount it to any flat surface and then you can move it around about a 90 degree section and just aim as usual.

Oh also, snipers are no longer super human, you have to hold your breath to take accurate shots at range if you don't have a bipod and you do that by holding down the movement stick (sprint button) whilst scoped in.

• Supporters

Can you prone?

hey guys. Ive been playing the beta on ps3. not impressed. loads of bugs. the weapons are either to strong or too weak. the graphics is soso.

the on screen info is very annoying, light blue or bright red. the flashlight is very annoying. the sounds are all very similar.

i dont even want to go on. tomorrow i'll be downloading the beta on xbox to see if thats any different which i highly doubt.

over id give it a 5/10 so far. why release a beta at this stage is a mystery to me.

• Supporters

The beta is only to test the servers etc, the full game will be better. From what I've heard it's basically the same as the Alpha at the moment.

And yes you can prone. After playing Bad Company for so long it's really annoying, I keeping thinking people are dead when they're just prone lol.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I didn't play much BC as the lack of prone is annoying. The way I play depends on it for taking cover behind smaller things. I've never just been able to tank it down the middle of the map and take no hits unlike some.

ive been playing it about half hour now on ps3 and ignoring the bugs as they will get sorted i think the gameplay is great, not as easy to get kills as cod imo as larger maps mean you need abit more skill to kill than in any of the cod games. the graphics while i wouldnt say they blew my mind or that much better than the current fps but they are certainly good, guns look nice, as for the sounds well at the moment most people will probably be using the basic guns and they are very similar to each other so will sound similar but again i think this game will be the best for gameplay and as far as consoles are concerned its the closest game ive ever played that has come close to bf2 on the pc.

definatly looking forward to choppers etc and more weapon/map variety

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.