Am I really going to do this ?

BasherBell
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all. Greetings from North Yorkshire .  I want to to try this ASAP , Ha! Impatient as usual . Seen a fair number of sites and YouTube’s. Some seem borderline militia in their training , others more casual but all looks brill fun. I’m near Harrogate so from others posts Killhouse Leeds maybe a good choice for a start. Would welcome any suggestions , if it takes then I would really like to join a local team for varied location visits .  Mid 50s fairly fit. 

Cheers

Dave 

Age doesn't matter so much in this sport, so don't let age stop you.

Best thing you can do is find your most local site and do a days hire.

Picking up some decent eye protection for yourself might be an idea, but don't be tempted to pick up a gun until you have your Ukara and know what sort of gun it is you want.

Going off your age I would also assume you like the older British Army DPM style of gear. There are loads of places that sell it and it's cheap. You do not need to pick up anything in regards to kit however since most sites will provide camo overalls if requested, Just check with the site.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) topics in each section, some good information for those starting the hobby.

Hi and welcome.

Following from what Iceni said, I'd add a pair of good boots with ankle support.  VERY easy to twist ankles when running about like loonies.

And definitely read the stickies...

Archived