Hello from Guildford, Surrey

Burny
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm a 29 yo returning to the game after a good 10-ish years without playing. Hoping to get my old guns working and find some people to lob BBs with/at.

Cheers,

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Fellow Guildfordian here too! (Though I now live in Reading)

I believe @Sike is also a fellow Guildford resident. 

Good sites near you are Elite Action Games in Dorking (great woodland).

And Dogtag in Horsham.

@Robert James and @Albiscuit are very nice and friendly and based to the north of you in London.

If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. Always happy to help a fellow GU Postcode 😎

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

And Dogtag in Horsham.

@Robert James and @Albiscuit are very nice and friendly and based to the north of you in London.

If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. Always happy to help a fellow GU Postcode 😎

Oh cool, thanks a lot for the info, good to see there's a few players  and sites nearby. 

Any tips on shops/techies nearby who could take a look at my guns for me? I have a CA M15A4, which I bought probably 12 years ago, managed to get one hicap mag out of it before it gave up the ghost. I sent it back to the shop, they returned it stating they'd fixed it, took it to a game and it lasted around one more mag before dying again, tried to return it to the shop once more but theyy got sh*tty and wouldn't take it back. I never learned any of the tech side of the hobby unfortunately otherwise I'd try and do something myself.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

• Mostly Retired Moderators
24 minutes ago, Burny said:

Any tips on shops/techies nearby

You've got Socom Tactical over in Fleet -GU52 7SD

https://www.socomtactical.net

Or Dave's Custom Airsoft in Farnham.

GU10 5HP

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/

Dave's great, lovely bloke and his tech work is superb. Just take the A31 down to Upper Hale and it's about 10 more minutes further west.

To be honest with you though, airsoft guns have come on leaps and bounds on the last decade.

A £180 gun now would probably be much better than what £180 would have got you back then - could be worth offloading the CA and getting something new?

3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

To be honest with you though, airsoft guns have come on leaps and bounds on the last decade.

A £180 gun now would probably be much better than what £180 would have got you back then - could be worth offloading the CA and getting something new?

Splurging was my first instinct too, but then realised it would have to be painted like a traffic cone as haven't done my 2 months parole yet. I could just do the sensible thing and rent for a couple of months until I get a UKARA number, but that sounds awfully responsible...

Cheers for your help again.

On 24/02/2019 at 09:09, L3wisD said:

And Dogtag in Horsham.

um. do i know you?

3 minutes ago, YorkieT17 said:

Bloody Guildford. I lived in Guildford for 4 years. It wasn’t memorable 😂.

Oi! Leave my beige, generic, overpriced, bland town alone man. 

Archived