Need Help on buying a RIF

g1ynn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello everyone im kaden , i just started airsoft and am ready to buy my first gun , i dont wanna buy a 2 toned gun (cause there a bit ugly tbh ) but i am 14 can i get my dad to buy a RIF for me and will that be fine 9 (also im buying my gun of patrolbase and its says i need a DEFENCE/UKARA  what is a defence and could i get one or my dad (I KINDA KNOW WHAT A UKARA IS BUT IM NOT 18 SO....) 

• Supporters

Read the pinned posts in the UK Law section.

• Supporters

^+1

Tl;DR - You cannot buy a RIF 2 tone or not.

Your parents can, but they would need a defence.

A defence is a reason to buy a RIF, there are many different ones, but places like PatrolBase usually only take UKARA

Looks like you need to get your old man along for a couple of games of Pew.

You will not be able to buy a RIF or an IF as you aren't old enough. Your parents are old enough to buy an IF (two tone) but they don't have a provable defense to be able to buy a RIF

A UKARA number is proof of a defense that you or your parents regularly play Airsoft.

They will need to play 3 games in between 2 months and 12 months of the first game played at the same site. Then they can obtain a Ukara number and purchase a RIF for you.

There is no way around this.

All Airsoft websites that sell to the UK require a defense from the purchaser. 

Read the sticky in the UK law part of the forum as it answers all your questions. 

• Supporters

your valid defence.

for us we normally talk ukara, which is specifically for airsoft, you need to be over 18 and play 3 games not within 2 months at the same site then register with that site.

some places *may* accept other defences, such as being a re-enactor or being a prop purchaser for a film franchises.

given you admitted in your other thread to being just 14 you will not personally be able to obtain a defence.

• Supporters

You don't need to create a new thread for every little question, just pop it in your OP. 

To answer the above have you read the pinned posts in the UK Law section yet? 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Gepard said:

To answer the above have you read the pinned posts in the UK Law section yet? 

As if ! 🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣

• Head Moderator

Moderator message

Topics merged.

Reminder - it is illegal for someone under 18 to buy any airsoft gun (IF or RIF), and illegal to sell an airsoft gun to a child.

I would not recommend buying from ay shop with BB in its name.

On 23/02/2019 at 17:23, Gepard said:

Read the pinned posts in the UK Law section.

Is this that merry situation where a defence to the "manufacturing" offence (ie converting an IF to RIF) isn't restricted by the age of the owner/converter of the IF?

You could have your dad buy a two-tone for you and (when you're 18 & have a UKARA) spray it with Krylon.  

Edit: This may well be a crime, so I retract this suggestion.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

"manufacturing" offence (ie converting an IF to RIF)

Modification.  Why oh why oh why do folk insist on using the word "manufacturing" when the word "modification" appears in the same section and exactly describes conversion of an IF into an RIF?

Otherwise, as you were.  There's no age limit on any of the defences.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Modification.  Why oh why oh why do folk insist on using the word "manufacturing" when the word "modification" appears in the same section and exactly describes conversion of an IF into an RIF?

If I said I was baiting you would you believe it? (I wasn't.)

:)

Archived