Army l85a1 trigger issue

poachers
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think my trigger mechanism  has gone on my l85a1 army armenant I've took it apart and the trigger part itself fires  just fine it's not untill I put the piston section back on it sometime doesn't fire or doessnt  fire at all excuse my terms with parts I don't know the technical names for them 

I see this is a common issue has any one fixed this as I've took it to a local shop and they said it's more hassle then it's worth so just wanted to get a second opinion thanks Mike 

• Supporters

When it stops firing, put it into auto and fire for a sec, then back to semi. 

It is a common issue, there are lots about it online, but I gave up with mine as I couldn’t get it to a place where I was happy with it.

Nope still doesn't I've tried that fires perfect when I've got the gearbox out on its own it's only when the piston part is connected it fires a few times then completely stops I've pushed the lever in the mag housing and the piston slowly release it then fires a few more times then stops it's a hit and miss 

Battery sounds like it's about dead.

Sounds like it's running about 5rps, without load. Even with a useless motor that sector gear should be absolutely flying around.

So the first thing I would do is buy a new battery and test it with that before you start ripping the gun to bits.

The AA L85 suffers from burnt out trigger contacts.  I've had three of these in the past and all had the same problem.  You can buy replacements from G&G that are a direct replacement for the AA trigger contact.  I bought mine direct from G&G quite a few years ago, but if I remember correctly there is a UK parts supplier now (just can't remember who it is).  The other option to stop this happening again is to fit an inline mosfet to take the current out of the trigger contacts. The reason that your gearbox cycles without the piston attached is that the bare gearbox takes much less current to turn than when the piston is attached.

2 hours ago, RR01 said:

The AA L85 suffers from burnt out trigger contacts.  I've had three of these in the past and all had the same problem.  You can buy replacements from G&G that are a direct replacement for the AA trigger contact.  I bought mine direct from G&G quite a few years ago, but if I remember correctly there is a UK parts supplier now (just can't remember who it is).  The other option to stop this happening again is to fit an inline mosfet to take the current out of the trigger contacts. The reason that your gearbox cycles without the piston attached is that the bare gearbox takes much less current to turn than when the piston is attached.

Thank you would I need to repair the trigger contacts before fitting a mosfet and what mosfet would you recommend thank you 

20 hours ago, poachers said:

Thank you would I need to repair the trigger contacts before fitting a mosfet and what mosfet would you recommend thank you 

Yes, you will need to buy a new contact set.  As to mosfet, I'm not sure as there are far more available now than when I did mine in 2011/12. However, I just had a look online for the R85A1 trigger unit and G&G are not showing it as a replacement part any longer, so unless someone in the UK or HK has old stock that might prove to be a problem. Repairing the existing contacts might now be the only option. That said the current version has an electronic trigger unit and may be backwards compatible if you can find out which one they use.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one on these 2 yrs ago and had the same problem.

I used it for 20min before it died then took it back the the shop. They had it for 4 weeks! Gave it back and it lasted 5 min. I gave it back to them and swapped it for the ics tavor sportline, best thing I could of done. Stay away from AA go to the ics l85a2.

Archived