Apex Legends

Steveocee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Come on then, who's on this at the moment?

I had personally totally given up on the BR genre, I played PUBG to death, Fortnite didn't interest me at all. COD Blackout wasn't something I wanted to spend money on, ROE looked like a polished PUBG and I'd resigned myself to playing slower paced games (again).

Apex launched, I watched a few of my "go to" streamers playing it, decided I wasn't going to, installed it to try anyway and absolutely LOVE it.

Not without it's occasional glitch but the gameplay feels great, I find the flow of the game easy to get on with, not too much time to loot but not so you're totally rushing. The combat is brilliant and encourages engagements, the regen system is superb. Love the individual characters with their own unique skillset and the balanced way of picking them pre match and finally the encouragement to play as a team (ie no solos) with the numbers game playing a large factor in this.

I like that it's not as immersive as PUBG, I'd find myself having to set aside a few hours for that and it has a more arcade like pick up and play feel to it similar to what I'd liken COD or Fortnite.

Potentially though I see it as the "first" of a second generation of better polished BR games but in the meantime I'm loving it.

• Supporters

I play a few rounds every day. Bit burnt out of BR myself but it's F2P so it's a nice thing to play with mates. 3 man team restrictions is a bit of a bummer though, for when I want to play alone or when the rest of the squad comes on. 

Servers are fucked though and latency is the absolute worst with EA claiming it's people's PCs and nothing on their end. Typical EA Bullshit.. 

DzhrS7yX0AEXTGr.png?width=828&height=466

Love the game, Titanfall 1&2 being some of my favourite games, Apex is awesome, I played fortnite and its abit meh, same with PUBG but apex having all the same movment and guns as Titanfall is really cool for me. Just when i thought EA gave up on the Titanfall Franchise 

• Root Admin
16 hours ago, Gepard said:

I play a few rounds every day. Bit burnt out of BR myself but it's F2P so it's a nice thing to play with mates. 3 man team restrictions is a bit of a bummer though, for when I want to play alone or when the rest of the squad comes on. 

Servers are fucked though and latency is the absolute worst with EA claiming it's people's PCs and nothing on their end. Typical EA Bullshit.. 

DzhrS7yX0AEXTGr.png?width=828&height=466

I noticed this too the couple if times I played. As bad as PUBG before the rework.

Not to worry. Metro to play :)

@Gepard Didn't realise how bad it actually was in comparison to others. I think the irony is that both the BF's in that chart are also on EA servers so would love to understand how their infrastructure works in that respect. Maybe it's the "old" servers they used to house BF on 😂.

Was looking at this game, its on my Xbox and I hadnt really heard of it before. 

My brother has connected his Xbox to mine so when he downloads games I get them for free. Not being much of a gamer this is a huge win for me as I get most of the new games for free :) 

I might fire up the box tonight and have a crack. COD is a crock of shite for me nowadays and I have finished Red Dead 2 so do not have much to play at the mo, unless you count State of Decay, I am bloody addicted to that game right now!

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Was looking at this game, its on my Xbox and I hadnt really heard of it before. 

My brother has connected his Xbox to mine so when he downloads games I get them for free. Not being much of a gamer this is a huge win for me as I get most of the new games for free :) 

I might fire up the box tonight and have a crack. COD is a crock of shite for me nowadays and I have finished Red Dead 2 so do not have much to play at the mo, unless you count State of Decay, I am bloody addicted to that game right now!

Red dead was awful.

Agree on Cod until blops4 and that has gone back to the more basic multiplayer and it works.

Single player try Resi 2

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Red dead was awful.

Agree on Cod until blops4 and that has gone back to the more basic multiplayer and it works.

Single player try Resi 2

I found RDR2 to be one of the best games I had played. Visually it was stunning, the game play was fun and it kept me hooked for ages. I have spent whole nights since finishing the campaign just hunting squirrels or looking for certain places/flowers etc. 

I know that sounds fucking stupid and it is, but the levels of detail and game play has me wanting to find all the collectibles and trying to capture all the animals etc.

COD fell off for me after Modern Warfare, every game since was effectively the same. The maps were all familiar with a left, right and middle path. The maps felt overly engineered, none of them felt natural or organic unlike the earlier games such as COD 3. If you spawned in the right place you could control half the map or defend a building racking up untold kills if you were skillful enough. 

Now its all no scopes and jumping!

Im tempted by the new Metro game in all honesty.

My problem is I dont often play so when I do it needs to be a game I want to invest time in.

• 5 months later...

Love battle royale-style shooters... but am utterly **** at them, despite having played lots of FPS games over the years (dating back to the original Doom!).

Gameplay for me involves:

• Running around in blind panic acquiring weapons/kit
  • Running
  • More running
  • Hiding a bit
  • More running
  • BAM! Head-shotted by another player I didn't even spot.
  • Back to menu screen.

I've had most fun with PUBG and DayZ (if that counts), where I've at least managed to get some kills. Apex Legends is too cranked for me in terms of other players' skills... too many twitch-shooting teenagers with far quicker reaction times than I possess. I watch my son and his mates playing Legends and they're pulling off shots on targets I can barely see, let alone aim at.

Titanfall, however, is just right for me. Nice map size and I find myself holding my own quite well (ooh, matron). COD too.

Archived