Is making a Royal Marine Loadout Right?

GazeTasty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Best to take all your badges off so you can't be identified when you're breaking the Geneva Airsoft Convention IMHO.

agreed, lemme grab my flammenwerfer and lets do this lads!

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

161285611-origpic-f00295.png?max-width=7

serious question, I'm assuming these are banned at depot? For that matter, i don't think I've ever seen a USGL used at Depot. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Vulpiness said:

serious question, I'm assuming these are banned at depot? For that matter, i don't think I've ever seen a USGL used at Depot. 

No it’s the grenade it’s self , the 40mike he’s referring too ,  it fires it’s entire load of BBs in a matter of seconds in a straight line and on its release the manufacturers advertising made it look like one of the most dangerous stupid things ever released for Airsoft , if used correctly for what it’s supposedly intended for it’s ok BUT we all know more than a fair few would abuse its use so most sites have banned them 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

No it’s the grenade it’s self , the 40mike he’s referring too ,  it fires it’s entire load of BBs in a matter of seconds in a straight line and on its release the manufacturers advertising made it look like one of the most dangerous stupid things ever released for Airsoft , if used correctly for what it’s supposedly intended for it’s ok BUT we all know more than a fair few would abuse its use so most sites have banned them 

i can report from both sending and recieving ends it's really underwhelming, maybe in a cqb site but outdoors they're on a par with standard shells for uselessness.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i can report from both sending and recieving ends it's really underwhelming, maybe in a cqb site but outdoors they're on a par with standard shells for uselessness.

Think that was the big problem all you ever saw was CQB and it getting used in the most stupid and dangerous of ways but then you had absolutely no film of it being used outdoors where by all accounts ((as you’ve just proved) it’s pretty ‘meh !’ But there ya go , you put out shitty advertising your product is going to go no where fast ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Think that was the big problem all you ever saw was CQB and it getting used in the most stupid and dangerous of ways but then you had absolutely no film of it being used outdoors where by all accounts ((as you’ve just proved) it’s pretty ‘meh !’ But there ya go , you put out shitty advertising your product is going to go no where fast ! 🤦‍♂️

i'll confess i got suckered and bought 2 of em, not really been used much but they're very picky about how they're loaded and as mentioned outdoors they're pretty useless given it's unhopped so at any kind of range you just use the aeg instead.

On 21/02/2019 at 17:08, Druid799 said:

a medic patch on the back of his helmet and a big Red Cross on his right arm ! Now as an ex-army Medic this really pissed me off and I freely admit (much to my shame) I totally lost it when I saw this , how the hell could he have been in the guards and a medic ?

so I confronted him and his reply was “he’d been in the guards cadets and he’d done his st Johns first aid at work HSE 3-day course and THAT entitled him to have the medic badge and to top it all he used the same reason for the Red Cross , which he was also wearing on the wrong arm (should only be warn on the left arm) as well !

I’m not ex forces but I can see where you guys come from. I worked fucking hard for my qualifications for several years. If your going to tell me a FAW cert or 3 day HSE entitles you to wear a Red Cross/ other medic patch it boils my piss. Or you can claim relevant experience. Completely unreasonable maybe but when you’ve never done the job or seen the shit that comes with it you have no right. It’s misrepresentation. 

Bloody hell I did some training with the saturdays and Sunday’s once - doesn’t make me a ‘Blade’. I rode in the front seat of a police car once - that didn’t give me a warrant.

Sorry I’m done sticking my oar in. 

Rant mode deactivated.

56 minutes ago, YorkieT17 said:

I’m not ex forces but I can see where you guys come from. I worked fucking hard for my qualifications for several years. If your going to tell me a FAW cert or 3 day HSE entitles you to wear a Red Cross/ other medic patch it boils my piss. Or you can claim relevant experience. Completely unreasonable maybe but when you’ve never done the job or seen the shit that comes with it you have no right. It’s misrepresentation. 

Bloody hell I did some training with the saturdays and Sunday’s once - doesn’t make me a ‘Blade’. I rode in the front seat of a police car once - that didn’t give me a warrant.

Sorry I’m done sticking my oar in. 

Rant mode deactivated.

Being ex-forces I think you can wear what ever you want. If you have done the course to so called earn that patch, what you really have earned is the right to wear that patch with pride. 

This is airsoft, dress up of grown ups. 

I understand where people can get pissed because they earned the right to be proud of their patch and someone who hasn't is just flaunting it in their face(in their opinion) but as long as people don't claim that false pride then I'm happy with it. 

The only thing that I hate to see people wear that they haven't earned are medals be that civilian or military. As these are not earned by doing a course but by doing a deed. 

Remember copying you is a form of flattery

• Supporters
On 22/02/2019 at 13:59, Vulpiness said:

serious question, I'm assuming these are banned at depot?

Yes, all BB projecting shells including (and this was new and a bit surprising last week) MOSCART shower shells.

The reason given being what @Druid799 said: not everyone can be trusted to use them safely and sensibly in point-blank CQB, so sadly nobody gets to use them.

Perhaps related, they also said plain and clearly for the first time that I'm aware of: no bang rule, don't do it, just shoot folk.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, all BB projecting shells including (and this was new and a bit surprising last week) MOSCART shower shells.

The reason given being what @Druid799 said: not everyone can be trusted to use them safely and sensibly in point-blank CQB, so sadly nobody gets to use them.

Perhaps related, they also said plain and clearly for the first time that I'm aware of: no bang rule, don't do it, just shoot folk.

That including the APS m870? Was looking forward to giving mine a go at the depot.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Huh, I see. Probably for the best, you wouldn't fire a grenade in an environment like that anyway, you'd just throw it. 

Does that include revolvers? 

Ah cool, I got weird looks the time I went around asking people to surrender. XD 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, BigStew said:

That including the APS m870? Was looking forward to giving mine a go at the depot.

Should be OK, they're fine with 3/6 shot gas shotguns. Best to ask beforehand though.

16 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

Does that include revolvers? 

Shell loading revolvers have been banned for quite some time since someone played silly buggers at chrono with one.

16 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

Ah cool, I got weird looks the time I went around asking people to surrender. XD 

Up until recently they've said bang/surrender is optional for both parties, and don't expect folk to take it.

Last weekend, they said clearly: don't do it, just shoot.

Which didn't stop me offering and having one gratefully accepted.  Sometimes it really is the right thing to do.  But I can also see why they'd say not to, as it can lead to grumpiness.

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Shell loading revolvers have been banned for quite some time since someone played silly buggers at chrono with one.

I thought that was just the gas ones and the ones with CO2 in the grip were okay? 

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Which didn't stop me offering and having one gratefully accepted.  Sometimes it really is the right thing to do.  But I can also see why they'd say not to, as it can lead to grumpiness.

i've always considered it a courtesy thing, and i've always been ready to answer someone trying to dodge it with my trigger finger.

it's normally accepted when you clearly have the drop on someone, not had any issues with folk not calling it (although i have popped folk who i mistakenly thought weren't going to take it)

I've heard some military guys say they don't give a sod and other soldiers say its not cool.  As long as your truthful that you weren't in The Marines and your doing it to honour them and their sacrifices then do what you want.

Truth is the only time it is universally frowned on is when your really in the military and you where them without earning them, while in service.  Like some in the thread already said this is just a hobby we're doing for fun don't over think it and suck the joy out off it.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

I thought that was just the gas ones and the ones with CO2 in the grip were okay?

They've always said "Dan Wesson shell loading revolvers".  My understanding is that's because the Dan Wesson CO2 guns shoot at up to ~400fps but you can get power down shells that reduce it to ~250fps.  Sounds like someone chronoed with power down shells then got caught in game using full power ones.

Why they've extended it to all shell revolvers is anybody's guess - they're not dicks though, you could always ask if you're wanting to run one.

Archived