Gun making whirring noise - won't cycle

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So I bought myself an LCT AK and it arrived today. I took it out into the garden with a full battery and magazine and started plinking. I got through maybe 100 rounds and then held down the trigger to see the RoF. It fired for a couple seconds and then started making a whirring noise. Now it won't cycle. 

Not something I've ever experienced before so how can I fix this? 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Gepard said:

So I bought myself an LCT AK and it arrived today. I took it out into the garden with a full battery and magazine and started plinking. I got through maybe 100 rounds and then held down the trigger to see the RoF. It fired for a couple seconds and then started making a whirring noise. Now it won't cycle. 

Not something I've ever experienced before so how can I fix this? 

Is it doing anything when you pull the trigger or just dead?

Sounds like the gears are turning, but not engaging the piston. Piston might be in the wrong position or has been chewed to pieces. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Is it doing anything when you pull the trigger or just dead?

I cant watch the vid as I'm at work but it sounds to me like a stripped piston or a gear has lost some teeth?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Your spot on.

Look down into the hop up chamber if your air nozzle is moving it will be the piston. If not it will be a stripped gear.

Not seeing any movement inside the hopup. Stripped gear then?

• Supporters
On 21/02/2019 at 20:31, emilianoksa said:

Nice looking gun.

What kind of battery have you got in it?

Forgot to subscribe to the thread (im a dolt!).

A couple of Turnigy 1400mAh - just what came with the gun. 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Stripped piston or gear, could be either. 

Warranty o clock. 

Used purchase, no warranty. Dude at least offered to pay half the cost of the parts though.

Still at bit peeved. It's not often I blow £170 on a new toy - and I'd at least like it to work longer than an hour! 

I wouldn't overthink the problem. V3 boxes generally just keep plodding on, Once you get it fixed chances are it'll not throw any more problems at you for a good amount of time.

A new piston isn't going to break the bank. I wouldn't go crazy with an all metal rack the £3 ZCI from AK2M4 would do. You might also benefit from a tappet plate LCT use a strange white plastic that can be soft.

The worst case scenario is you have had a gearbox jam and it's stripped a gear, Again not an issue a new gearset is cheap enough.

I would strip it before you order parts, That way you know what you are dealing with before you go buying parts you might not need.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

If it's any help, the parts will be really cheap and V3 gearboxes are very easy to work on. 

So I've been told, and a forum member has very generously offered to fix it up for me for free. 

I've been looking at videos online and I am tempted to open it up myself but I think I'd rather hand it off to someone who knows what they're doing!

Knowing me I'd leave out a tiny spring or something that's critical to the gearbox's function. :lol:

Archived