Could this show airsoft in a bad light?

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Just to follow this up for some closure:

It turns out it was actually Duff with a sleeper account.

Jedi has authorised the use of the ban hammer once more.

See I am fucking psychic

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

People can be very strange, all that effort just to slag someone off.

Fruit-Loopy... he'll be going through your trash next. :lol:

I know right total pratt. Hopefully I will bump into him at a site sometime in the near future and "discuss" exactly how much I don't appreciate his brand of bullshit.

29 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Hopefully I will bump into him at a site sometime in the near future and "discuss" exactly how much I don't appreciate his brand of bullshit.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

That can be arranged 

14 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Somehow doubt it. Saw him once after he first started acting stupid and he was nice as pie to my face only started gobbing off when he left and put distance. 

Think you might have fell for his big I am talk.

Dont think so, unlike you and other members here I actually know the bloke, and he’s a decent guy. 

20 minutes ago, E21A said:

Dont think so, unlike you and other members here I actually know the bloke, and he’s a decent guy. 

Decent people don't create bogus accounts just to Troll someone

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Again, i’ll take my first hand knowledge of someone I know over people on the internet who I don’t 😉

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Immortal said:

They do when they hate a person so much they even hate the ground he stepped on ! 🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, E21A said:

Again, i’ll take my first hand knowledge of someone I know over people on the internet who I don’t 😉

I don't know him or yourself or many others on here bar a few but I certainly do not consider that the right thing to do regardless.

6 hours ago, E21A said:

“Decent” bloke gets banned from Internet forum for making threats and being a twat... pretty sure that’s the definition of decent in the dictionary right there

Oh look it isn’t... 

decent

Dictionary result for decent

conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behaviour.
"a decent clean-living individual

6 hours ago, E21A said:

5 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

“Decent” bloke gets banned from Internet forum for making threats and being a twat... pretty sure that’s the definition of decent in the dictionary right there

decent

1. 1. 
    oh look... no it isn’t 😂

Who is duff? 

10 hours ago, E21A said:

people can be pricks online, but to pussy to be the way they want to be in person. 

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Oh look it isn’t... 

decent

welp, guess that mean i need to remove that word from my tinder profile

1 hour ago, LordRonin said:

Jesus look what i created lol

WHAT DID YOU DO? Did you do this? Y U DO TIS?

Also, seth, i think you've had a psychotic break, or a stroke, not sure which, serisouly, see a doctor, or stop smoking.  

I've designed the worlds most leet airsoft field, and it's never gonna happen, id be awesome, but I 100% grantee it'll go bust. 

On 20/02/2019 at 21:47, jcheeseright said:

As someone who has taught the advanced anti submarine warfare helicopter control course for the Royal Navy I can 100% confirm that ASW and land battles do NOT overlap.  While data may be sent across shared datalinks (Link11/16/22) no part of hunting submarines links in with what's happening in the land battle.  They are entirely, utterly separate. 

Disagree. That's like saying the person who's cock is in my mouth isn't having a threesome with the person who's dick is in my ass. 

Those two people might not be fucking each other, but they're in the same bed, ASW is a vital part of any multi-service campaign where the enemy has that capability. Just because we've never had that issue, doesn't mean we won't.  

Theoretical scenario: 

Spoiler

US invades contested china south sea island occupied by the PRC, secures a beachhead, and moves inland.
US attack on Chinese held airbase on the island is repulsed.
US authorizes SBCM use to weaken Chinese emplacements prior to mounting a second attack. 
Chinese intelligence intercepts the order and orders Ariel ASW units to deploy depth charges. (or however that works, i honestly have no idea how any ship not made out of wood fights).
PRC additionally re-enforces the airbase with it's primary strike brigade prior to anti-air capable destroyers are re-deployed from operations on other island attacks to counter the ASW.
The PRC counter-attacks the US land forces. 

ASW and land battle run concurrently. 

Everything is interconnected, it is entirely plausible that if two developed nations fight a major conflict, such a scenario could play out, however rarely. 

Or perhaps I am I missing your point? 

• Supporters

1644882429_Blankstare_memes_Pinterest_PsychopathThebubble___.thumb.jpg.b96cbe840095c7b26128f0ba2104ac7c.jpg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

Disagree. That's like saying the person who's cock is in my mouth isn't having a threesome with the person who's dick is in my ass. 

Those two people might not be fucking each other, but they're in the same bed, ASW is a vital part of any multi-service campaign where the enemy has that capability. Just because we've never had that issue, doesn't mean we won't.  

Theoretical scenario: 

Hide contents

US invades contested china south sea island occupied by the PRC, secures a beachhead, and moves inland.
US attack on Chinese held airbase on the island is repulsed.
US authorizes SBCM use to weaken Chinese emplacements prior to mounting a second attack. 
Chinese intelligence intercepts the order and orders Ariel ASW units to deploy depth charges. (or however that works, i honestly have no idea how any ship not made out of wood fights).
PRC additionally re-enforces the airbase with it's primary strike brigade prior to anti-air capable destroyers are re-deployed from operations on other island attacks to counter the ASW.
The PRC counter-attacks the US land forces. 

ASW and land battle run concurrently. 

Everything is interconnected, it is entirely plausible that if two developed nations fight a major conflict, such a scenario could play out, however rarely. 

Or perhaps I am I missing your point? 

Wut?

Honestly I don't know where to go with this.  

ASW and land operations do not overlap.  Take it from an actual expert (me). 

47 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Wut?

@Vulpiness

It's more like a Venn diagram, Land and Sea overlap clearly on some parts.

Granted, ASW is nothing to do with Land, however, we/I are talking about the bigger picture.

Submarines can deny movement or some other action, the ASW team will determine whether you can do X or Y and so to leave that factor out does a disservice to the other more clearly Land focused teams.

You can see the drive towards this collective training below and here: https://www.contracts.mod.uk/do-mod-announcements/collective-training-transformation-programme-industry-day/

If you watch the entire video and still retain your current position then we are at an impasse.

• Supporters

Now I know I’m well known for derailing threads and other random shit BUT how is  an argument basically about How to fight WW3 developing on a forum for a sport where grown men(and a few lady’s of course) run around and shoot each other with toy guns ? 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Now I know I’m well known for derailing threads and other random shit BUT how is  an argument basically about How to fight WW3 developing on a forum for a sport where grown men(and a few lady’s of course) run around and shoot each other with toy guns ? 🤦‍♂️

Bcoz intanetz

8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

On 20/02/2019 at 19:21, jcheeseright said:

It's also got an ASW area! 

Airsoft would be super effective for simulating ASW. 

3 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Wut?

The problem with the cheesewright, is you supply absolutely no information what so ever, all we get is take it form me and an as unsubstantiated claim as seths, which since I've never met you, I'm not willing to take on trust, you could be 12 for all I know. 

I'm asking you to explain, and I supplied my thoughts on the subject for you point out flaws with.

I am willing to be convinced, but you put no points fourth, you're the expert, so lets hear it. 

Perhaps a historic example: battle of the Atlantic, allied supplied ships are being harassed and sunk by German u-boats, these ships carry vital food and weapons needed for the land campaign in North Africa.. 

Ergo -to my mind-  the lack of effectiveness of anti-submarine marine warfare at the time, contributed to the problems and challenges present in the land campaign.

I'm not seeing how that's not the two overlapping. 

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Honestly? Because it's the only place I get to talk to cheesewright, and I'd value his input, but he's not giving me any. XD 

3 hours ago, Seth_K said:

You're a looney. Moon-touched, illuminated. 

You are not, in my opinion anchored to reality.

Get help.

Archived