Could this show airsoft in a bad light?

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Who needs shrapnel when you can just take head-shots and be within you're MED...

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

I'm surprised he hasn't tried finding a sniper rifle that fires 8mm heavy weight BB's to just knock people over instead

but if he's within his med, using 8mm nuprols taking headshots against folks wearing mesh....

ok lets stop this before we really do discover the recipe for the worst airsofter ever.....

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

This wont really effect airsoft anymore than parkour fail vids effect the roofing industry.

The airsoft guns are just part of a publicity stunt to get views and for most people will be irrelevant to the actual vid. You will get a few like the look of the guns and say they want to try airsoft but most that do will forget about it soon as they see their next talking huskie vid, such is the nature of youtube.

As for Seth K you seem like a guy who looks up all the nomenclature but has no real clue. Wind corrected munitions system? what fairytale is that?

Stop name dropping and waffling as the only real way to add something new to this community is to open a site and become a known face. Then you can talk about change and people might give you the time of day. All the bullshit just makes you look like a fantasist.

33 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

You mean to say you don't know has anyone really been far even as recided to use even go want to do look more like?

Dont you dare look at me in that tone of voice! It smells a funny colour! 

• Supporters
Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Wind corrected munitions system? what fairytale is that?

i guess if you had an automated hop that could adjust lift/rotation to counter the wind it could work.

although how the hell you'd fit that inside an airsoft gun and all the electronics needed to control it is beyond me.

not to mention the fact you'd need a weather station attatched to the gun to let the system know what direction and speed the wind was blowing relative to the way you're aiming

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I think the best way for Seth to be successful in his idea is to look into Human Cloning.

Clone 200 Random Trashys.

Clone 200 Matt Musketeers

Clone 200 Kicking Mustangs

Divide them into two teams and then charge them £300 each per game.

They are exactly the sort of folks he's trying to cater to I think.

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

I think the best way for Seth to be successful in his idea is to look into Human Cloning.

Could have just said 600 bellends

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i guess if you had an automated hop that could adjust lift/rotation to counter the wind it could work.

although how the hell you'd fit that inside an airsoft gun and all the electronics needed to control it is beyond me.

not to mention the fact you'd need a weather station attatched to the gun to let the system know what direction and speed the wind was blowing relative to the way you're aiming

No it wouldn't way too many variables even if you could design the tech and make it small enough. 

A bb is far too light and airflow within wind too unstable to ever make anything come close. 

Do you know how many billions are getting pumped into smart ammo around the world and they will be basically mini missiles and rifle-style launchers. A 0.25g plastic ball has fuck all hope unless he is inventing a bb with a force field.

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Would need to work out wind along the whole flight path too! Plus it would need to know if you’re in a building (no wind) shooting out on a windy day. 

30 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Yeah, I like Tim, Richie too.

I heard that Matt has sold the YouTube Channel, is that right? I always read it as Matt the Grenadier, don't know why.

Only read stuff about KM and then I saw him on PainX, but to be honest I'm not a fan of snipers.

35 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Noooooooo! Google it, not for BBs at all. Very obscure US program that was cancelled. There may be a modern version, I'd have to check.

It's a way to turn a dumb bomb into a smart one, very gulf war 1 tech. Ah, the JDAM is the modern version.

Funny you should mention force fields, I'll give you this one for free. I was looking at what makes tracer BBs glow and it is the phosphor coating.

So I downloaded a paper on ways to excite the phosphor via electrons, not photons. Went way over my head, but worth looking into what that could mean.

Could anyone here explain more about that? 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, E21A said:

Would need to work out wind along the whole flight path too! Plus it would need to know if you’re in a building (no wind) shooting out on a windy day. 

31 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No it wouldn't way too many variables even if you could design the tech and make it small enough. 

A bb is far too light and airflow within wind too unstable to ever make anything come close. 

Do you know how many billions are getting pumped into smart ammo around the world and they will be basically mini missiles and rifle-style launchers. A 0.25g plastic ball has fuck all hope unless he is inventing a bb with a force field.

true, it would be by no means perfect, i'm thinking simply an automated version of the ol' tilt the gun into the wind to fire straight.

of course proper guided munitions are far too expensive, even the xm25 didn't exactly go all that far in service. the same goes for the ones that actually steer into the target rather than just blow up at the right time.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

So I downloaded a paper on ways to excite the phosphor via electrons, not photons. Went way over my head, but worth looking into what that could mean.

Could anyone here explain more about that? 

Yes it is not exactly cutting edge new science.

The question isn't can someone it should be should someone?

As this application has absolutely fuck all use in airsoft the answer would be no.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yes it is not exactly cutting edge new science.

The question isn't can someone it should be should someone?

As this application has absolutely fuck all use in airsoft the answer would be no.

Yes, it does have an application. I could make a tracer unit that is not in a suppressor form factor and never needs to have new batteries/be charged.

But you're right, no one should do it. 😉

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Yes, it does have an application. I could make a tracer unit that is not in a suppressor form factor and never needs to have new batteries/be charged.

But you're right, no one should do it. 😉

No you couldn't it is not that simple.

Photoluminescent phoshor is used because it is a simple cheap solution that works.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

No you couldn't it is not that simple

Carry on. I’m always ready to learn something new and it went over my head when I was reading about it. 

The specific part that I didn’t get is this, are electrons being transferred? How, how much, which way, how long does it take, what is the ratio between amount transferred and luminescence? 

• Supporters
Just now, Seth_K said:

Carry on. I’m always ready to learn something new and it went over my head when I was reading about it. 

The specific part that I didn’t get is this, are electrons being transferred? How, how much, which way, how long does it take, what is the ratio between amount transferred and luminescence? 

There are lots of science forums out there for this sort of thing and this as the title so quite clearly points out is not one of them.

As I said the tech has no bearing on airsoft and I am not going to feed anymore of your irrelevant meandering.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

There are lots of science forums out there for this sort of thing and this as the title so quite clearly points out is not one of them.

As I said the tech has no bearing on airsoft and I am not going to feed anymore of your irrelevant meandering.

Are you... side stepping the question? 👀

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Immortal said:

AI BBs ... sounds like expensive ammo. Who could afford to play anymore?! :lol:

Just get ‘Novichok’ to stick his name on it and say “i guarantee (but it’s not a real guarantee of course?) it’s the best sniper ammo EVAH !” 

it’ll sell , there’s plenty of fuckwits out there that’ll buy it then ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Are you... side stepping the question? 👀

Nope I am saying the question is fucking pointless. 

I understand the basics of how some phosphors can interact with certain types of charged electrons but could I quote lots of facts and figures on tranference rates and other such stuff off the top of my head well no. The reason behind that is the knowledge of how phosphors can be effected by electrons charged by cathode rays has fuck all bearing on my day to day life and even less on airsoft. 

Could look it all up and try and find a way to explain but why would anyone want too?

Can't figure if your a troll or just a bit mental

4 minutes ago, Sepia_Rainbow said:

Coming from you....

....and yourself for your post replying to @ImTriggerHappy

" In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses"

Literally your first post on the board is one trying to bait someone with a comment very similar to "I know you are but what am I"

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

....and yourself for your post replying to @ImTriggerHappy

" In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses"

Literally your first post on the board is one trying to bait someone with a comment very similar to "I know you are but what am I"

Wouldn't worry about it, probably Duff in disguise.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope I am saying the question is fucking pointless. 

I understand the basics of how some phosphors can interact with certain types of charged electrons but could I quote lots of facts and figures on tranference rates and other such stuff off the top of my head well no. The reason behind that is the knowledge of how phosphors can be effected by electrons charged by cathode rays has fuck all bearing on my day to day life and even less on airsoft. 

Could look it all up and try and find a way to explain but why would anyone want too?

Can't figure if your a troll or just a bit mental

Ok, I will try a science forum or Quora.

Not trolling mate, but yeah I do think of things that are a bit out there.

Can't talk for the Sepia guy, he's jumping straight in haha!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
23 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Wouldn't worry about it, probably Duff in disguise.

Just to follow this up for some closure:

It turns out it was actually Duff with a sleeper account.

Jedi has authorised the use of the ban hammer once more.

Archived