Could this show airsoft in a bad light?

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So if you don’t know Mr Beast he is a YouTuber that does events and competition for large amounts of money

Now he is setting up a Airsoft Battle Royal (Last man standing for you oldies) now this event is just gonna be you tubers. Potentially people that have never played airsoft and don’t know anything about it

do you think this could potentially show airsoft in a bad light or have a bad effect due to Mr beasts very young audience?

0E788AC1-AD7A-4BBC-9C5C-49D2A78F7FC4.jpeg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

So if you don’t know Mr Beast he is a YouTuber that does events and competition for large amounts of money

Now he is setting up a Airsoft Battle Royal (Last man standing for you oldies) now this event is just gonna be you tubers. Potentially people that have never played airsoft and don’t know anything about it

do you think this could potentially show airsoft in a bad light or have a bad effect due to Mr beasts very young audience?

2loZ.gif

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

So if you don’t know Mr Beast

I don't know Mr Beast.

do you think this could potentially show airsoft in a bad light

Of course it could.  It could also be the bestest advertising evar.

I don't know which it's likely to be, because I don't know Mr Beast.

or have a bad effect due to Mr beasts very young audience?

Nonce sequitur.

29 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

We old people know what Battle Royale is.

We’ve spent recent years telling ‘youths’ that Hunger Games is ripped off from Battle Royale

Why would new players who have not played airsoft before, trying airsoft be a bad thing for airsoft?  

If he’s a big youtuber, and bringing in other youtubers then they have established audiences. People might want to take up airsoft as a result

What would be good or bad is how they present the video, with money involved is it going to be a bunch of dicks being ‘outrageous’ for clickbate and monetisation, or backed by big money that will want things presented well?

In our Battle Royale games run in Paintfest we have had regular paintballers, Paintfest rentals and also airfest airsofters come down and play

All seemed to have a good time, we had good feedback, and though we designed a full ongoing ‘survival paintball’ format Battle Royale was meant to be a one off with the occasional return.  A lot of people were disappointed that they couldn’t repeat it the following year, or had missed the first opportunity and wanted to play after hearing about it. We brought it back for 2 more years.

As we’ve done BR 3 times in 4 years I have decided we will not do BR in 2019, that’s causing me to be contacted every now

and then to change my mind and bring it back.

A good fun game is exactly that, you may enjoy it or you may see people enjoying it. This has the potential to create new players 

Whenever Paintball features on tv there are always the naysayers about how things were wrong and it’s the end of the world

But sites get new customers who saw it on the tv

Youtube has the same potential for airsoft 

2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Good luck getting people to call their hits when there's a $100,000 prize on the line to be the last guy standing.

Fucking idiot idea.

With money on the line and youtubers, i hazard a guess that it will be covered in cameras, highly  edited etc 

The real money will be in the monetisation and sponsorship 

Well I know the guys organising this, they're pretty good and well connected.

We're looking at if making it a regular thing (stateside) could work and how what I'm doing can lay the foundation of that, what with the logistics of handling that much data.

The idea around having balloons as lives is brilliant, hard to cheat and very visual. Not perfect but good enough.

What this does it set a high bar for the next event and will command more from sponsors. I've been meaning to make a post about how all the money is sucked out of Airsoft and not reinvested because sites are not integrating vertically enough.

Anyway, sit back and watch the show, trust me if not this one then the next will be amazing!

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Well I know the guys organising this

Do they know you?

they're pretty good and well connected.

Are they a secret society?

The idea around having balloons as lives is brilliant, hard to cheat and very visual. Not perfect but good enough.

As a one-off event for non-airsofters with ca$h monie$, yes.

As an advert for getting new people into airsoft, it sets a poor precedent.

Still, most advertising is good advertising.

I've been meaning to make a post about how all the money is sucked out of Airsoft and not reinvested because sites are not integrating vertically enough.

I like that airsoft sites operate on a shoestring.

I do not want to see corporate sponsorship, or professional players.

That's pretty much the opposite of what I want.

trust me 

I'd like to, but what have you said so far that's borne fruit?

This is not trolling (much, by my standards), but a genuine invitation to elaborate on your how plans are panning out.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Good luck getting people to call their hits when there's a $100,000 prize on the line to be the last guy standing.

Fucking idiot idea.

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

Unless someone looses an eye, I can't really see someone promoting airsoft as a bad thing. 

34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Do they know you?

Are they a secret society?

As a one-off event for non-airsofters with ca$h monie$, yes.

As an advert for getting new people into airsoft, it sets a poor precedent.

Still, most advertising is good advertising.

I like that airsoft sites operate on a shoestring.

I do not want to see corporate sponsorship, or professional players.

That's pretty much the opposite of what I want.

I'd like to, but what have you said so far that's borne fruit?

This is not trolling (much, by my standards), but a genuine invitation to elaborate on your how plans are panning out.

Yeah, we spoken a few times, I wouldn't say we're friends just potentially useful to each other.

No, more dreamers than bilderbergers.

That is true, Airsoft isn't fortnite and I'd hate it to go that way. PUBG is only slightly better.

But look at what a nice budget could do, ooo yes please ;) 

Oh yeah so a lot has happened I suppose, spoken to the landowners and we'll be running a really REALLY basic pilot for a few months but it's more of a temp/mobile site for testing the tech. Just off the M25,  fair few hundred acres on offer, but 40 for now.

Got two former MDs of large defence contractors on the board (one as an investor) and two other investors, one of which used to work for the fmr MD who is also an investor (only after hearing about his ex-employee jumping in).

Had a brief convo with some USMC/DIUx guys, lead to nothing. Literally got a draft follow up email open on the next tab.

Spoke to a British Maj Gen on Tuesday about presenting at Army HQ, he passed me to a Brig to do with what I was talking about. 

If I do get invited I just hope I don't bottle it.

Spoke to Will Greenwood, really nice guy, explained about the pilot and how if he's happy with concept/business plan he could run it and take it back to Birmingham. I'll probably scale that up and offer a free franchise to CQB-focused UK YouTubers, help supports them and promotes the site(s).

I'll post more about that this evening, if you don't mind it being a new topic. 50% promotion, 50% early feedback.

Lastly, I plan to apply for one of the smart grants from innovate uk, but I'm getting a professional for that. That will help with the R&D of the wind corrected munitions dispenser system.

I do have a day job, no not a professional dreamer, I just have a lot of free time to bang on doors until someone listens and I can progress. This is all just persistence and a big idea.

• Supporters

It’s Murca ! They shoot each other with real guns for F’all so don’t really see this causing much news good or bad , as it sounds near as what most scurmishes look like over there ! 🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Yeah, we spoken a few times, I wouldn't say we're friends just potentially useful to each other.

No, more dreamers than bilderbergers.

That is true, Airsoft isn't fortnite and I'd hate it to go that way. PUBG is only slightly better.

But look at what a nice budget could do, ooo yes please ;) 

Oh yeah so a lot has happened I suppose, spoken to the landowners and we'll be running a really REALLY basic pilot for a few months but it's more of a temp/mobile site for testing the tech. Just off the M25,  fair few hundred acres on offer, but 40 for now.

Got two former MDs of large defence contractors on the board (one as an investor) and two other investors, one of which used to work for the fmr MD who is also an investor (only after hearing about his ex-employee jumping in).

Had a brief convo with some USMC/DIUx guys, lead to nothing. Literally got a draft follow up email open on the next tab.

Spoke to a British Maj Gen on Tuesday about presenting at Army HQ, he passed me to a Brig to do with what I was talking about. 

If I do get invited I just hope I don't bottle it.

Spoke to Will Greenwood, really nice guy, explained about the pilot and how if he's happy with concept/business plan he could run it and take it back to Birmingham. I'll probably scale that up and offer a free franchise to CQB-focused UK YouTubers, help supports them and promotes the site(s).

I'll post more about that this evening, if you don't mind it being a new topic. 50% promotion, 50% early feedback.

Lastly, I plan to apply for one of the smart grants from innovate uk, but I'm getting a professional for that. That will help with the R&D of the wind corrected munitions dispenser system.

I do have a day job, no not a professional dreamer, I just have a lot of free time to bang on doors until someone listens and I can progress. This is all just persistence and a big idea.

This all sounds very UK based? Isn't this Tuber show based in the US given the bounty is in greenbacks? I'm not seeing how all this applies to an event stateside? Or are you proposing some kind of spin off?

I'm not that interested in the event in some ways tbh, I don't see what Tuber Celebs bring to world except inflated egos to the sheeple.

12 minutes ago, Immortal said:

This all sounds very UK based? Isn't this Tuber show based in the US given the bounty is in greenbacks? I'm not seeing how all this applies to an event stateside? Or are you proposing some kind of spin off?

I'm not that interested in the event in some ways tbh, I don't see what Tuber Celebs bring to world except inflated egos to the sheeple.

Yeah, tech can go anywhere but I always planned to go to the US.

I hate the way how they drag content out to reach long video times, etc

What do you think about this, Sports have people with inflated egos but it still takes a lot of work to get to the top.

Can we copy that? How can someone put work into airsoft? Just good aim?

Almost goes to the core of playing anything, what do it mean to be good at airsoft?

"Kills"?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Yeah, tech can go anywhere but I always planned to go to the US.

I hate the way how they drag content out to reach long video times, etc

What do you think about this, Sports have people with inflated egos but it still takes a lot of work to get to the top.

Can we copy that? How can someone put work into airsoft? Just good aim?

Almost goes to the core of playing anything, what do it mean to be good at airsoft?

"Kills"?

me for one do not want anything even remotely like this near the UK Airsoft scene , this’ll just attract the worst players of all and they’ll be crawling all over it like flies on a puddle of puke on a warm summers day ! 😡

In case anyone is wondering about hit taking in this I'm pretty sure it will be a rip off of a dude perfect video. They used balloons for lives, whilst flawed it means its pretty hard to cheat.

I've seen a few airsoft content creators trying to get involved so you can only hope they'll have someone other than novvy boi.

MrBeast is a professional so I'd assume all the risk assessment and proper briefing would be carried out.

8 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

But his website has a Jet fighter plane on it!

That'd be epic to see at a game of pretend soldiers

http://airsoft.group

It's meant to be scary :( 

6 minutes ago, Aengus said:

In case anyone is wondering about hit taking in this I'm pretty sure it will be a rip off of a dude perfect video. They used balloons for lives, whilst flawed it means its pretty hard to cheat.

I've seen a few airsoft content creators trying to get involved so you can only hope they'll have someone other than novvy boi.

MrBeast is a professional so I'd assume all the risk assessment and proper briefing would be carried out.

They are managed by the same team.

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

From what's been said the tech is party balloons? I think it's wordwide already... :lol:

These are balloons 2.0 mate

13 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Eh? 7th February this year he publicly announced he was leaving airsoft.....

That was why actually, he won't be able to do London anyway, too far.

As he said on FB, he is doing recruitment which I know if not fun and takes up way more time than a normal job.

But we do what we must to support our family. 

So I'll probably set something up nearer him, in the near-mid future.

I'm trying to say he isn't leaving because he wants to.

• Supporters

Sorry Seth not referring to you idea was referring to the competition ! 🤦‍♂️

Archived