light loadout ( recon-ish ) advice

Detective Shers
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to run a light kit, that I’ve finally chosen. this would be in combination alongside a partial  ghillie parka to go on the shoulders. so I’m looking for a decent chest rig to hold a few AK/M4 magazines, while alongside a few pouches. I very much would like any camo suggestions as well, but they should be on the darker side on colour. effectively it would be a recon/sniper loadout by the usual appearance of the latter, a light chest rig and matching helicon shirts-trousers. though I won’t be using a sniper, an AK most likely. if anyone can guide me to a kit that has a good capacity but is still lightweight, please do. 

58 minutes ago, Detective Shers said:

camo suggestions

If your going for a recon kit a good camo, in my opinion, would be the Russian reversible partizan m  camo suit it camo colours are the darker side and you get both summer and autumn camo in one suit, I use it and I find very effective at the sites I play at.   https://grey-shop.ru/Camouflage/Russian-Sniper-Suits/Partizan-M 

58 minutes ago, Detective Shers said:

chest rig to hold a few AK/M4 magazines,

For chest rigs, it mainly comes down to personal use and preference, if definitely want a chest rig that can fit AK Magazine in both the 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 style as well as m4/stanag style mags I would go for the  Russian SSO  Lazutchik or the somewhat low drag chest rig  SSO Jaeger.

These are tough and durable rigs they can hold 3 magazines per pouch, you can then added a Tactical Belt I use RS-31 because its very adjustable, and you can remove the attachment/ buckle points, which makes threading pouch easier.

Then thread it through the bottom belt loops on either rig and add the additional pouches you want.    Here is one possible place to buy https://grey-shop.ru/Vest/Russian-Vests

Downside current SSO chest rigs seem to come in a weird olive drab colour. 

Another option would be a Smersh AK Webbing or old soviet webbing (very cheap) this would allow you to keep the majority of your camo showing and they hold AK and m4/stanag mags. 

• Supporters

I would say the knock off D3CRH chest rigs would work nicely and be cheap. 4 7.62 mag pouches, couple of pistol pouches and a couple of utility pouches. http://www.taiwangun.com/en/chest-rigs/buckle-up-recce-sniper-chest-rig-black-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=19

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Detective Shers said:

what do you peeps think this camo is? 

37091D3D-B72C-4122-BEA4-CF4F43B44416.jpeg

Do you have any other pics? I assume you mean his trousers and to be honest they look damp so may be darker than they should. Could be PenCott Greenzone but not really sure.

• Supporters

Right, I did a quick reverse image search and it appears to be a Finnish airsofter. There's a better pic here: 38508537_1200543620085905_43947824819879

I reckon that's Finnish M05 camo.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-tst-l4-combat-shirt/51304

Either that or the Italian Vegetata, they seem similar.

For chest rigs, have a look at the Helikon TMR

• Supporters

Yup that’s M05 , which just happens to be about as common as rocking horse shit ! Unless you want to pay big bucks for the in-house made stuff Varusteleka sell your just not going to get any surplus , Varusteleka sold a shit load about 18mths ago that they’d acquired when the manufacturer closed down but now ? There’s just nothing for sale apart from the odd bit now and again that pops up on fleabay for silly money!😱

Archived