AEG out of the box with electronic trigger

Click_Dublin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of investing in an AEG, I was going to get a CYMA CM.520, I know, I know!!! I was going to upgrade it over time but when I totted up the cost it would end up more expensive than a more decent entry level or intermediate rifle.

OK, I'm aware Classic Army have a range of out of the box electronic trigger, tight bore (6.03) AEG's which seem OK?

Is any other manufacturer offering similar/better spec. for under 150new?

I was looking at the Specna Arms CORE range but can't seem to find anything about the trigger mech., is it just a normal contact type?

• Supporters

What are you actually after?

A decent performing gun? A gun with certain bits installed? 

Look at G&Gs range under £150, they have a few nice little offerings. 

Not sure what ICS have at that price point, but their RIFs are worth having a look at.

19 minutes ago, Prisce said:

What are you actually after?

A decent performing gun? A gun with certain bits installed? 

Look at G&Gs range under £150, they have a few nice little offerings. 

Not sure what ICS have at that price point, but their RIFs are worth having a look at.

Thanks for the reply. 

Don't really care what it looks like, just want good, acurate performance.

The reason I asked about Classic Army is that they seem to have broken a price point by supplying an AEG rifle with programmable trigger/mosfet + 6.03 bore, reasonable interal bits. I understand that all of this is built down to a price!

I was just wondering if any other makers are offering something similar or better.

I'll have a look at the G&G's as they seem to have a good reputation.

• Supporters

6.03 is a red herring, a good 6.07 is much better than a mediocre 6.03.  

Likewise, if the manufacturer can get a programmable MOSFET into a £150 gun they're cutting serious corners elsewhere.  

If you want a solid performer at that price point get a G&G combat machine. 

3 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

6.03 is a red herring, a good 6.07 is much better than a mediocre 6.03.  

Likewise, if the manufacturer can get a programmable MOSFET into a £150 gun they're cutting serious corners elsewhere.  

If you want a solid performer at that price point get a G&G combat machine. 

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, the research I'm doing is pointing towards the G&G brand, solid & reliable which is what I'm looking for.

I do like the ICS split gearbox, just seems like a much better engineered solution, it pushes my budget a bit.

Any disadvantages to the split gearbox?

I have not had any issues with the ICS split gear boxes in the past.  The G&G combat machines work great and are solid.  I have put through 17k rounds through my ARP9    and had no issues with it.  Highly recommended!

23 hours ago, Dino said:

I have not had any issues with the ICS split gear boxes in the past.  The G&G combat machines work great and are solid.  I have put through 17k rounds through my ARP9    and had no issues with it.  Highly recommended!

Thanks for the reply.

The G&G ARP9 get's really good reviews.

One question for you since you've put a lot of BB's down the barrel!

Have you had any issues with the ETU regarding battery voltage? I've come across some lads saying you 'must' run 11.1v with the G&G ETU's as the Mosfet cut-off they use is quite high & unless you have a fairly new 7.4v lipo it can sometimes just stop running after a hundred rounds or so but with a 11.1v it just keeps running & running.

My concern with a 11.1v pack is the strain it could/will put on the gearbox/moving parts?

What do you use, 7.4v or higher? what's the biggest capacity battery you can fit in the ARP9 stock?

• Supporters

They are built for the 11.1V, so that’s what you should use. 

I hate trying to find a battery that fits inside a stock or tube. I completely remove the obstacle and wire the battery to a little stock pouch, so I can put a mahoosive “car battery” as my team mates call it, in it without any issue.

Use 11.1v for the full potential. Had no issues with the ETU and the dust off does what is says on the tin.

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Use 11.1v or you’ll have problems. Gun runs just fine on them. 

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

They are built for the 11.1V, so that’s what you should use. 

I hate trying to find a battery that fits inside a stock or tube. I completely remove the obstacle and wire the battery to a little stock pouch, so I can put a mahoosive “car battery” as my team mates call it, in it without any issue.

Thanks lads 👍 mahoosive, that made me laugh 😂

1 hour ago, Dino said:

Use 11.1v for the full potential. Had no issues with the ETU and the dust off does what is says on the tin.

Good to know 👍, 'dust off'? must be a typo, if not where do I get a mahoosive tin of dust off😁

Archived