Gun ranges or places to sight in your scope?

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering what many of you do and where you go to sight in your scopes? Some of you will obviously have the room to do it on private land but those that dont do you do it in a rush when you go play at a field before the games start? Im lucky enough to be self employed and have a garage just shy of 30m long which is fine for setting up a range and sighting in a red dot or optic on an assault rifle or smg or pistol etc. However, I've just had my sniper upgraded and need a range at least twice as long to sight it in. Do some of you know of places/ranges you can take your airsoft guns to for sighting in optics or testing them if ever your tinkering or upgrading yourself? Or do those of you without anywhere to really do it simply do it on game day at a field? Asking out of curiosity but also if anyone did know anywhere in the Leeds/Bradford area that would be helpful.

• Supporters

normally i either do it at various mate's places that have the range, or i just do it ad-hoc on the site when i show up.

but then there's always going to be a lot of kentucky windage in airsoft.

Rifles/SMGs/LMGs:

I setup as best I can at home then fine tune on site (straight and true but limited to 30m). Most site ranges are too short and no different to at home so I normally enter the game zone and pick a tree or something specific at the range I'm aiming for.

At home I normally only do this in summer where the trees foliage hide what I'm upto and offer a little protection from any potential flyers but in winter it's quite barren so I prefer to just use the site from asafety POV. To anyone watching they will just see a real gun so I play it safe as much as possible.

Pistols:

Just at home 99% of the time. the range is more than enough to dial them in.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

but then there's always going to be a lot of kentucky windage in airsoft.

I know, but I usually like to zero my optics as accurately as possible then just make the allowances for windage myself. So in perfect conditions my shots are hitting on or very close to where my crosshair is and depending on conditions and flight of bbs on the day just shoot slightly left or right of targets.

• Supporters

As long as you’ve got a bit of range to play with you can get the basics set up at home , I always have my gun mounted on somthing solid (I use an old folding work bench with a couple of padded blocks mounted to it to hold the gun in place) and I use a big old classic bullseye type target , so you have the rings to walk the rounds in to the bullseye once I’ve got a nice tight group i know it’ll work at most ranges and as immortal said your never going to get a ‘tac driving’ Airsoft gun are you ? 

Archived