Imports and UK law

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi guys,

I only recently discovered that WE Tech have finally finished their gas blowback SA80 and I have to say that I'm hellbent on getting one.

Unfortuantely, I can't find a single stockist in the UK that either has, or plans to have any, so I have to import...

Is there a procedure for such things? How do I go about importing from abroad? I am UKARA registered but I'm just worried that my import will be destroyed or something...

Or am I just looking for a problem where there isn't one? I mean, I assume I can't just order a gun from abroad and wait for it to arrive because surely there's bound to be some issues with customs? Possibly relating to the fact that it's an RIF and there'll be a bugger load of VAT to add and all that jazz?

I just need some simple step by step instructions, or to be told that it really is as straight forward as I'm assuming it isn't lol.

Can anyone shed any light on anything for me?

Thanks in advance,

Ed.

• Supporters

you'll be looking at around £100 worth of tax and customs +£50? of shipping - I'd wait for a UK stockist, it has only just been released so give it a month.

if you do import one, give you UKARA number, contact phone number in the 'special requests' box that most sites have when you order, so they add those to the package.

when it lands here, Customs will contact you asking for proof, give them the UKARA number ad anythig else they ask for, they cannot destroy it if you have a defence (unless you go out of your way to have it destroyed)

• Supporters
you'll be looking at around £100 worth of tax and customs +£50? of shipping - I'd wait for a UK stockist, it has only just been released so give it a month.

if you do import one, give you UKARA number, contact phone number in the 'special requests' box that most sites have when you order, so they add those to the package.

when it lands here, Customs will contact you asking for proof, give them the UKARA number ad anythig else they ask for, they cannot destroy it if you have a defence (unless you go out of your way to have it destroyed)

Excellent, you just managed to sort me out with two paragraphs, where Wolf Armouries failed to help from a rally of about 20 emails lol.

Thanks a bomb, I'll keep a look out for a UK stockist until around August, then I think I'll treat myself early for my birthday in October.

Thanks again.

• Supporters

no worries, as long as your final courier isn't parcelfarce (they have a habit of adding useless days waiting to your delivery) you'll be good.

Like I say, it's a new release, so give it a month for a big crate of em to arrive here and let other people worry about the imports.

If theres a proper licensed airsoft shop nearby you could always ask them to order it in for you instead, might be cheaper and i believe its easier for them to import stuff :D

You shouldn't have to many problems if you can find a EU country that has it In stock.

It's much easyer to import from within the EU.

I was recently given a RIF in another EU country, where I can legal own one, and it is still there. If I want it sent here, after I got UKARA, is it the same? And will I have to pay any custom charges, as I got the RIF for free?

• AF-UK Founding Member

I believe not. I'm not too sure on the details but if you had to categorise it for customs then it would be marked as a gift. It's something I'd definitely try and get in touch with them about because I for one couldn't give you a definite answer as to how it works.

Archived