Anyone here in the paras or have served in the paras?

Wølf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Reason i ask is that i was origionally going for infantry (2PWRR) but my recruitment officer is adamant i try for paras so i said i would give it a shot.

Ive read about how tough para selection is but wanted to know if anyone here has any first hand experience or advice?

• Supporters

My dad is a captain in 7th now, and has been in and out since I was born, do if you have any specific questions I can find out what you want.

I won't be home till Friday mind you due to being away at school but then ill get any info you want:)

bit of advice join an infantery reg first so you can get a feel for what your in for then transver to the paras you will still have to do the trainning but at least you will be phisicaly fit for it

My dad is a captain in 7th now, and has been in and out since I was born, do if you have any specific questions I can find out what you want.

I won't be home till Friday mind you due to being away at school but then ill get any info you want:)

I havnt really got any specific questions but any advice he has would be greatly appreciated :)

bit of advice join an infantery reg first so you can get a feel for what your in for then transver to the paras you will still have to do the trainning but at least you will be phisicaly fit for it

Isnt that compulsary anyway? i thought you complete the basic infantryman course then move onto para selection afterwards, if you fail that then you simply return to your infantry reg.

I may have that completely wrong but thats how i interpreted what my recruitment officer said so i stand to be corrected :D

paras are f***** in the head mate, unless you've actually talked to any and have any similarities with them, don't bother, if you want to go better than infantry try for the guards.

paras are f***** in the head mate

Hmm 2 mates (one in infantry and one in artillery) said similar thing along those lines but then proceeded to say i should fit right in then.

Not sure what that says about me or their opinions on me :huh:

You'll fit right in there matey ;), oh and i can introduce you a a great man who has been in the paras he'll tell you all about it! plus i believe he has some rather influential contacts you'll like him see you on sunday!

• Supporters

1 Para are issued them, since they were made into SFSG

Archived