Viper P90 pouch or other?

Resistor170
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm after some advice on the viper P90 pouches. I can't find any other pictures online other than outside front and outside back. I'm looking to run pouches on a drop leg platform, I've made my mind up on that, also ideally I don't want a dump pouch either. I know mag changes will take me longer but I want to prioritise minimal external gear. 

So all I know is there is a divider in each pouch so it can carry two. What I want to know is how snug 2 mags will fit bearing in mind I will be putting the empties back in the pouches. Is this going to be far too fidly with one hand? (I have some double m4 pouches where the elastic is so tight it's very fidly trying to get two empties in with one hand)

I have also been looking at the flyye pouches, these are singles but looks like the fit will be much nicer. Cost is much higher but I would pay that if the viper ones really are no good. 

Any other recommendations would be welcome. Thanks 

They are a little fiddly at first. They are very long as well so think about how far down the leg they will be mounted. 

Thanks, I'm pretty sure my drop leg panel is height adjustable, but yeah I am anticipating it to be an awkward reach. Once you get used to them would you say it's pretty manageable to put a mag back in where there is already one with one hand?...ie you won't need to stretch the pouch open with your other hand? 

42 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Thanks, I'm pretty sure my drop leg panel is height adjustable, but yeah I am anticipating it to be an awkward reach. Once you get used to them would you say it's pretty manageable to put a mag back in where there is already one with one hand?...ie you won't need to stretch the pouch open with your other hand? 

No need to stretch at all, but you need to put the mag in with the rounded bit at the bottom with the feed part opposite to the other mags feed part. Otherwise they will get caught up by the divider.  They are quite bulky when the mags are in them as well. 49948437_2198201640240167_2922215226151534592_o.jpg.cf636801efcb3da74a4b6da281d8db06.jpg50029843_2198201683573496_933125402182811648_o.jpg.d1868d9bd43393ebe4e151f119e73aec.jpgP90.thumb.jpg.6768f5cc54315972c68feaee5f5ccb2a.jpg

Excellent, thanks for the info and those pictures. They do get bulky eh, but I can live with that for the price benefit. I had forgotten seeing these pictures before but I was to busy eyeing up your P90 to notice the pouches

11 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Excellent, thanks for the info and those pictures. They do get bulky eh, but I can live with that for the price benefit. I had forgotten seeing these pictures before but I was to busy eyeing up your P90 to notice the pouches

The poppers on the pouches are pretty solid, but because of the length of them I used MALICE clips to hold the pouch steady. Use cable ties if you find that you don't trust the poppers. 

34 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The poppers on the pouches are pretty solid, but because of the length of them I used MALICE clips to hold the pouch steady. Use cable ties if you find that you don't trust the poppers. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will cable tie them if they fail the test. Just ordered a couple. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2019 at 20:52, Asomodai said:

Sorry to pull this up again, but why doesn't the molle match up properly? Am I literally supposed to run the straps straight down the back of all the molle on my leg rig? With every other molle compatable pouch I own I can properly feed the straps securely in and out all the way down to the fastening point but the webbing on the back of these pouches don't match... Is the webbing on these just for horizontal belt carry? 

• 1 month later...

Last time I ran my p90 I used 2 DDR rpk 4 cell pouches on a yrig . Worked well tho the pouches are kinda hard to find unless eBay.de is used( might not now days who knows)

IMG_20180706_171133_290~01.jpg

• Supporters

Archived