Hello Everyone!

gav
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm a completely new player. Just had my first game at Invasion Airsoft in Stockport a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I was absolute crap though. It was a weeknight game so it was dark outside. Invasion airsoft was mostly pitch black and very close quarters. Really friendly and helpful people there mostly but I really struggled to get anywhere and I was getting shot constantly. My problem was I didn't have any light, I was stumbling around walking into things it was so dark. The mesh rental mask didn't help I don't think, I could barely see anyone unless they had a light over their head. I am planning to buy some better eye protection and a lower face mask. I also had so much trouble identifying who was on which team. I'd see someone and try to see what band they had on and by the time I could see it I had been shot. I had lots of fun but I think it could be better. I am planning to try Level 2 airsoft in Atherton next to see if that is any better for me. Not sure my friend will be able to make that one or not. Do people just go down to play on their own?

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

Definitely get your own set of eye pro. I've always hated mesh goggles and masks - horrible things.. 

Best going for something like the Dye i4 or ESS ICE. 

Invasion airsoft also has a woodland site that quite good as well.  

Cool, I'd be up for trying that too.

I'd love to play more CQB. I think the super fast pace is really exciting. I just found it hard in a very hard environment with no torch. 90% of people had lights on their weapons that night. I just don't know what I was supposed to do because I can only rent a gun. I could carry a torch around with me but it will be hard to turn it on and fire my gun! haha. I did have loads of fun still though and everyone was nice. I'm just wondering if it was a hard place to start off playing airsoft

3 minutes ago, gav said:

I'm just wondering if it was a hard place to start off playing airsoft

Invasion airsoft or as it used to be called, Trojan airsoft is where I started playing airsoft and my first game was at there CQB site in Stockport and the gun they rented me was a single shot spring powered shotgun, still had fun but I preferred there woodland site more freedom of movement and you get to use pyro, 

10 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Welcome! :)

Definitely get your own set of eye pro. I've always hated mesh goggles and masks - horrible things.. 

Best going for something like the Dye i4 or ESS ICE. 

Thanks for the welcome,

I got a bit worried with the mesh mask on when I saw tracer BBs shattering on the wall next to me and I thought what if they do that on the mesh?

Thanks for the glasses advice. I was looking at the ESS ICE, Revision Sawfly and the Pyramex I-force. (I have found them all at about £20-25 each so no price difference).

Then I saw the video of the guy where the BB deflected off his facemask and underneath his glasses. After seeing that Im thinking I'll get the pyramex i-force.

6 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Invasion airsoft or as it used to be called, Trojan airsoft is where I started playing airsoft and my first game was at there CQB site in Stockport and the gun they rented me was a single shot spring powered shotgun, still had fun but I preferred there woodland site more freedom of movement and you get to use pyro, 

I will definitely try a woodland site, it does look fun. I am a little short on money at the moment due to just recently having new babies so the half day/evening slots are more appealing as Invasion and Level 2 offer £20 entry and hire for 3 hours. I'm so excited to go again, I haven't stopped thinking about it.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

2 minutes ago, gav said:

Thanks for the welcome,

I got a bit worried with the mesh mask on when I saw tracer BBs shattering on the wall next to me and I thought what if they do that on the mesh?

Thanks for the glasses advice. I was looking at the ESS ICE, Revision Sawfly and the Pyramex I-force. (I have found them all at about £20-25 each so no price difference).

Then I saw the video of the guy where the BB deflected off his facemask and underneath his glasses. After seeing that Im thinking I'll get the pyramex i-force.

I have the i-force and did get fogging near the end of games but the break between games at my site in the safe zone was enough to clear them out for the next one. 

I am going to try using revision anti fog wipes next time.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292007864217?chn=ps&var=591006738829

I hear they work well but never know whos blowing smoke up your arse on the internet. 

31 minutes ago, Musica said:

I have the i-force and did get fogging near the end of games but the break between games at my site in the safe zone was enough to clear them out for the next one. 

I am going to try using revision anti fog wipes next time.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292007864217?chn=ps&var=591006738829

I hear they work well but never know whos blowing smoke up your arse on the internet. 

It's my first pair of glasses/goggles. I was originally going to get the ESS ICE or Revision Sawflys because they look like they would have better peripheral vision but I started to worry about the gaps around the lens. I know some people might be ok with that but I just want to be safe. I would buy some low profile goggles but they are a lot more expensive and I'm just starting out. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for the anti-fog wipes link, i'll probably grab some of them

As well as the I-force I was going to get a copy of the OneTigris lower facemask from eBay. You can see it here

I'm guessing that they would be a good combo together. It should be £30 for everything.

They are my first pair as well. I wanted full seal not taking any chances. 

The vision in these is great and you can get down nicely to irons with them on (your mileage may vary as the lower face mask has a lot to do with getting your cheek down)

Not looking to replace them as it will be close to £100 if not more to get something better from what I can tell. Either goggles with a fan or a full mask like an i4/i5. 

I have the one tigiris mask it seemed ok with the iforce. never get perfect fitting but it does a good job. 

Archived