assistance in choosing matching gear.

Detective Shers
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey. so I’m going for a PMC look / plainclothed special forces. 

but im stuck between the pentagon softshell or condor one, both look good to me.

this would be alongside a tan mopc, but I’m trying to get them to match. so tan / coyote brown. but each picture changes there colour.

in short the uniform would be a softshell hoodie ( tan ) mopc carrier ( tan ) blue jeans, black  combat boots and the rest. like glasses, cap ( grey/tan ) and gloves ( black ) alongside german patches on each shoulder, the cap and of course the firearm. which would be a MP5. plus a HK pistol.

picture below is a reference. thanks. 

F31791B8-48F0-4DB1-804B-4367336F8ED6.jpeg

From the pictures I've seen of both, the pentagon seems a lighter/brighter tan while the condor is darker.

The beauty of online shopping is that you can order something and if you don't like it you can just send it back in its original condition (ie unworn) without a fuss. You may have to pay return postage but some places even provide a return label for no charge.

That's really the only way to know the real shade difference.

But personally, from my very limited research for the purpose of this thread, I would be going with Pentagon.

They actually list breathability and water resistance ratings, which I don't see from condor, which would lead me to believe that pentagon have faith in their quality and performance a little more. A bit more pride in the product.

Overall I just think, again remembering limited research, that the pentagon is the better product.

13 minutes ago, Detective Shers said:

do you think the tan condor mopc would work, alongside that.

Would it work? Sure!

Would it be identical in shade? Maybe.

Same can be said for the condor softshell though.

Only way to know for sure is to buy them and see. The one that is furthest from the correct shade gets sent back.

The pictures of the softshells I've seen all seem to say that the condor is the darker of the two.

But every picture of the rig looks a different shade.

Could be lighting differences, camera differences, natural variation, anything.

You could always throw the rig in the wash to lighten it up if it's too dark.

There is a key flaw there in getting a perfect match for a PMC / special forces

Those jobs are not a fashion parade, function beats fashion.

In uniformed roles the colours do not precisely match - different materials, age, wear and washing, let alone in non uniformed roles

25 minutes ago, Detective Shers said:

and other parts of the image. 

The bits on the right of the image are trees, bottom left are jeans, blue if I am not mistaken and the floor looks sand/tan coloured :P  

Sorry boring day at work...

• Supporters

It's not a "carrier" it's a chest rig. But no, I (and probably a great many others) cannot work out what that particular bit of tactical nylon is from that picture. It's somewhat akin to taking a picture of the inside of a cars wheel arch and asking what colour the seats are. You just can't see it from that angle.

Give us some better pics and let's try again!

4 hours ago, Tommikka said:

There is a key flaw there in getting a perfect match for a PMC / special forces

Those jobs are not a fashion parade, function beats fashion.

In uniformed roles the colours do not precisely match - different materials, age, wear and washing, let alone in non uniformed roles

Very true, but people will do what people will do!

• Supporters

Based on what's visible, I'd say the base rig is a US issued FLC in DCU/Desert Tri-colour:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DCU-MOLLE-II-Fighting-Load-Carrier-w-2-Double-Mag-Pouches-FLC-VEST-US-Army/191511887334?hash=item2c96ff7de6:g:kCwAAOSwqu9U376x:sc:USPSPriority!10016!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Knife is a Gerber LMF 2, Blackhawk SERPA Level 2 holster.  This pic is clearly from years ago though, people haven't been setting up ARs like that for nearly a decade now.  That quad rail handguard and those types of magpul accessories that are alllll over the gun are well out of fashion.  It would definitely be expensive and difficult to replicate that rifle exactly but it depends how exact you want to be.

52 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Based on what's visible, I'd say the base rig is a US issued FLC in DCU/Desert Tri-colour:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DCU-MOLLE-II-Fighting-Load-Carrier-w-2-Double-Mag-Pouches-FLC-VEST-US-Army/191511887334?hash=item2c96ff7de6:g:kCwAAOSwqu9U376x:sc:USPSPriority!10016!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Knife is a Gerber LMF 2, Blackhawk SERPA Level 2 holster.  This pic is clearly from a long ago though, people haven't been setting up ARs like that for nearly a decade now.  That quad rail handguard and those types of magpul accessories that are alllll over the gun are well out of fashion.  It would definitely be expensive and difficult to replicate that rifle exactly but it depends how exact you want to be.

Have people been wearing Infidel patches for that long?

• Supporters

Mil-Spec Monkey (amongst others) has been making those for yeeeeeeears now.  What boils down to a conflict between western christian ideas and middle-eastern islamic ones is hardly a new thing after all, if you want to take a true wide-angle-lens look at it.

Also the FLC stopped being gucci gear a decent number of years ago, as did ARs in that style, as I say.

6 hours ago, Detective Shers said:

can anyone tell me what carrier that is. plus the jacket, colours and other parts of the image. 

Im hoping to recreate it as a german ksk plainclothes loadout.

69585AFE-0A83-4469-9E05-C3DE29282CD7.jpeg

This thread suggests it's a condor jacket from 5 years ago

http://nouky.pro-forum.fr/t990-softshell-condor

• Head Moderator

@Detective Shers Jeans are not a good idea. They are an impractical item of clothing. They lack the freedom of movement that technical trousers provide; generally do not have secure and extra pockets for magazines; they do not dry quickly when wet; jeans show up too much in low light. 

• Head Moderator
37 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

"What uniform do all special forces wear so that they're not easily identifiable?"

Polo shirt, fleece, Barbour jacket, jeans and desert wellies... back in the day ;) 

• Supporters

The upside down pouch next to the LMF is the strap cutter that comes with the knife (I know as I’ve had one for yrs !) and if you draw a straight line down from the magazine you can see some white ? Unless I’m very mistaken I think that a pile of crap cleaned up from the range .😉

11 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

@Detective Shers Jeans are not a good idea. They are an impractical item of clothing. They lack the freedom of movement that technical trousers provide; generally do not have secure and extra pockets for magazines; they do not dry quickly when wet; jeans show up too much in low light. 

While I agree with the latter points the first points about having freedom of movement is no longer true providing you get the right jeans. Some brands are now elastic woven and have mag pockets for instance the defender flex jeans from 5.11 or on the higher end of the price range the adaptiv.x brand over the pond.

• Moderators

Helikon do a nice pair of combat jeans....infact a few companies now do variations in the jean type material, have a look over on Military1st

as for colour, ive got a pair of Helikon SFU trousers in coyote and a soft shell in coyote and the colours sadly dont match, jacket is more of a mustard colour which was a little annoying!:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

and merged the two topics :)

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Can you even buy jeans these days without some stretch feature added?  It seems every pair I pick up in a shop is stretchy.

Those are maternity trousers ;):lol:

tbh, no idea, i currently don't own a pair (of jeans that is ;))

Archived