New site based in Cuffley - Feedback appreciated

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

As I recently put a status up about this, I wanted to make a thread so people can share some ideas and potentially give a bit of interest in coming to the site.

Before I continue, this has nothing to do with me, this is not my site. It is a friend of my father in law who will be opening this up. It is primarily a paintball site, but he is open to the idea of Airsoft use, for private games or larger type events. I am just trying to help someone out that is trying to give something to the airsoft community. I literally spoke to him most of the day yesterday and he was really helpful and wants the sport(s) to succeed

So back to the site; 
Based in Cuffley Hertfordshire (just off the M25)
Opening 6th April 2019
65 Acres of woodland
https://www.facebook.com/ARPAINTBALL/
https://www.archrivalspaintball.co.uk/

Website is fairly new and updating as time goes on or more ideas are given. Photos due in a week or so.
From what I have been told by the person that owns this site, they are building a lot of things up over there, not exactly sure what but they are open to any ideas people may have. Whether it is landscaped or building idea please leave below, if you can come or not.

I have mentioned the possibility of private games or larger games to him and he was more than happy to accommodate that, priced very competitively – with larger bookings (parties) receiving better discounts, with BBQ and Beers offered.

I have also fluttered the idea of a MilSim over there due to the size. This is no problem at all in fact they can having camping there twice per month.

Questions I would love to ask you, the airsoft community;
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on?
Any building ideas or landscape ideas?
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays?
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here?
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event?
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? I.e North vs South, large weekend camping & airsoft etc 

Questions to the few people on this forum that are fairly local;
Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both?
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area?

What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on? Between £20 and £30 depending on facilities. 
Any building ideas or landscape ideas? Anything to make things more urban would be great. Not enough multi storied stuff out there. Look at Apocalypse in Kent for good ideas. 
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays? More Saturday games are always needed, though I prefer Sundays. 
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here? Yes. All sites are over an hour away for me!
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event? See above. 
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? Large scale one day Battlesims, early start and late finish in the dark. Not massively keen on camping myself (Even though I do it multiple times a year). 

Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both? Both is fine. 
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area? Tech Brigade charge £20, though their facilities aren't quite there. 

For a site like that £20/£25 is the going local rate for woodland. I would not expect to pay more than that unless it was something special!

The best site I have been to in regards to building/landscaping is Airsoft plantation. Really good quality defined areas, mortar pit complete with vehicles, trenches and EXPLOSIONS, kill house, village, and a great mix of shrubbery and trees. 

I like the mix of purpose built villages and woodland, places with clearly defined areas.

Usually play on a Sunday but only due to lack of Saturday games anywhere local, happy for either, but I suppose I would prefer a Sunday.

I lice closer than that but my max dive to a site is 90 mins

as above

What bigger events would you like to see hosted? I.e North vs South, large weekend camping & airsoft etc 

I would love, night games, 12hr battles, weekend battlesims or overnight camps. Would happily play Saturday and Sunday with a social aspect to the camp in the eve. 

I am a skirmisher, but would love to try some milsim/battlesim style games in the future. So a mix would be great!

Answered above

20 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Hi guys,

As I recently put a status up about this, I wanted to make a thread so people can share some ideas and potentially give a bit of interest in coming to the site.

Before I continue, this has nothing to do with me, this is not my site. It is a friend of my father in law who will be opening this up. It is primarily a paintball site, but he is open to the idea of Airsoft use, for private games or larger type events. I am just trying to help someone out that is trying to give something to the airsoft community. I literally spoke to him most of the day yesterday and he was really helpful and wants the sport(s) to succeed

So back to the site; 
Based in Cuffley Hertfordshire (just off the M25)
Opening 6th April 2019
65 Acres of woodland
https://www.facebook.com/ARPAINTBALL/
https://www.archrivalspaintball.co.uk/

Website is fairly new and updating as time goes on or more ideas are given. Photos due in a week or so.
From what I have been told by the person that owns this site, they are building a lot of things up over there, not exactly sure what but they are open to any ideas people may have. Whether it is landscaped or building idea please leave below, if you can come or not.

I have mentioned the possibility of private games or larger games to him and he was more than happy to accommodate that, priced very competitively – with larger bookings (parties) receiving better discounts, with BBQ and Beers offered.

I have also fluttered the idea of a MilSim over there due to the size. This is no problem at all in fact they can having camping there twice per month.

What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on? £20-£30
Any building ideas or landscape ideas? Lots of buildings, small huts and barricades, Bridges work well
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays? Either but would be nice to have a site that plays saturdays as majority are sundays
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here? yes
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event? yes
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? depending on how the site progresses, evening games, weekend long games maybe milsim type games

Best advice I could give if you want to do milsim/weekend games with long objectives is work with the players to get scenarios and missions and stick to the plans rather than deviating off the cuff. A lot of places fall foul of not enough planning for their games be it skirmish or longer games. Plan the games and order the a few nights before so everyone is on the same page staff wise.

Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both? mix of both but as stated depends how the site progresses and is laid out
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area? going rate at the moment in this catchment are is £20-£0 walk on so happy to pay anywhere between

38 minutes ago, Robert James said:

What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on? Max £25
Any building ideas or landscape ideas? Trenches are a good addition
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays? Either but it would be good to see more Saturday games, helps recovery before going to work on Monday!
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here? My max travel is around 1.5 hours so for for a game day
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event? Possibly but only if the event and site can take it
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? I.e North vs South, large weekend camping & airsoft etc Can't really answer this one, only been to normal  game days so far but sounds like the size of the site could take some big events - there was a USA site running a huge zombie game, looked awesome, maybe a thought?

Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both? I prefer skirmish primarily
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area? I would echo £25, it seems to be the norm for the south area

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Robert James said:

What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on?  £25 is the norm, cheaper would attract more.
Any building ideas or landscape ideas? A nice CQB area with hidey holes is always nice 
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays? Both would be great!
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here?I travel 90mins for my “local” site.
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event?if it’s good enough, always.
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? I.e North vs South, large weekend camping & airsoft etc Suprise us!

Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both? skirmish mainly, but would like to try some Milsim/Battlesim/Objective based days
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area?Knowing land rates down in the area, £25-35 would be expected.

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on? £20-£30
Any building ideas or landscape ideas? Love to see a trench system or a village with tunnel system between buildings
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays?For me Sundays as I'm generally busy on Saturdays but I can see why Saturdays would be good too. 
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here?I'm within the hour range
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event?As above
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? I.e North vs South, large weekend camping & airsoft etc I'm sure NvS would be good but I'm sure we could host some big charity games there too. 

Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both? I'm a skirmisher, but wouldn't mind trying my hat at battle/film sim for a whole day Milsim I just can't be arsed for. 
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area?£20-£25 seems to be the going rate. 

What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on? 20-30 depending on if lunch is included and size of arena or something special happens like crazy piro etc...
Any building ideas or landscape ideas? Some sort of fort/village - one for each team. Plus a weatherproof safezone
Would you prefer Saturdays or Sundays? Either, Saturdays give a day to recover
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come here? If it's worth it, I travel usually an hour currently
If you live far/over an hour or so away, would you come for a big event? Yes, I like weekenders
What bigger events would you like to see hosted? I.e North vs South, large weekend camping & airsoft etc Exactly as per your examples and perhaps registered team games if the site allows for multiple games to take place. No points for hits but objectives met like flags or VIPs held with the winning team being the one with the VIP when the time runs out.

Would you prefer MilSim or skirmish site or maybe a mix of both? Both, but only if the site is appropriate for either.
What prices would you consider fair for woodland walk on in this area? Same as any other area tbh, I don't think an area should cost more than any other unless something special is envolved or included and then that isn't area related - it's arena related.

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

Their office is now built, will post more photos as they filter through

0F3D3CA4-54F9-4539-8E9D-AC5FEE5037EA.jpeg

51C37A9D-9696-45A9-B206-BBB765D5036F.jpeg

Would be worth suggesting if you’re in talks with them about setting up either tented cover or tarp so players can stay dry unless they already have plans for that

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Would be worth suggesting if you’re in talks with them about setting up either tented cover or tarp so players can stay dry unless they already have plans for that

This is just their office I believe. The bit on the right has seats and a fire pit 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Robert James said:

More on the above slightly, now looking for paintball Marshall's. £12 p/hr

What days/ hours?

Dang, anyone else notice the pic on the homepage? With the two little kids with no masks on? 

I pretty confident the photos were taken in a controlled environment etc, but seeing someone with a marker/RIF that looks loaded and no eye pro etc just makes me cringe!

And thanks for the heads up about marshelling.. I will fling them an email :)

OOOH!!

Now this interests me... Whos up for a Forum Camp/Game weekend???

I would be happy to look at this seriously if there was enough interest

Camping & Combat 

What better than to make a weekend of it with your family and friends, by using our Camp and Combat option. 

For a fixed price per person you can camp and use our facilities along with enjoying games of paintball or Airsoft over a Saturday and Sunday break. 
(If  you wish to use Airsoft, you would need to supply your own equipment; but we are happy to allow you to use our premises for this game choice).

We have staff that are onsite throughout the duration of your stay. We have a BBQ of which we can man and cook for you of an evening before heading back to your camp for a well deserved rest. 

The Camping & Combat option is open during the months ofMarch to September
For larger party numbers we are happy to book the campsite out for a soul use basis with FREE Camping per person. 

Please call to enquire and discuss prices and bookings.  

Prices Start from £25.00 per person. 
(Camping equipment not supplied)

Say you are booking because of me you might get better rate. I would be interested in it definitely. I would like to think a couple of my mates would. 

Also those aren't photos from the site. It's not open yet (the ones with no eye protection)

3 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Dang, anyone else notice the pic on the homepage? With the two little kids with no masks on? 

I pretty confident the photos were taken in a controlled environment etc, but seeing someone with a marker/RIF that looks loaded and no eye pro etc just makes me cringe!

And thanks for the heads up about marshelling.. I will fling them an email :)

OOOH!!

Now this interests me... Whos up for a Forum Camp/Game weekend???

I would be happy to look at this seriously if there was enough interest

Camping & Combat 

What better than to make a weekend of it with your family and friends, by using our Camp and Combat option. 

For a fixed price per person you can camp and use our facilities along with enjoying games of paintball or Airsoft over a Saturday and Sunday break. 
(If  you wish to use Airsoft, you would need to supply your own equipment; but we are happy to allow you to use our premises for this game choice).

We have staff that are onsite throughout the duration of your stay. We have a BBQ of which we can man and cook for you of an evening before heading back to your camp for a well deserved rest. 

The Camping & Combat option is open during the months ofMarch to September
For larger party numbers we are happy to book the campsite out for a soul use basis with FREE Camping per person. 

Please call to enquire and discuss prices and bookings.  

Prices Start from £25.00 per person. 
(Camping equipment not supplied)

Just now, Robert James said:

Say you are booking because of me you might get better rate. I would be interested in it definitely. I would like to think a couple of my mates would. 

Well you see this leaves the obvious question..

Why dont YOU arrange it :D  

haha

Will do!.

Lets me sit on it have a think and ask my mates, and contact the site and think we could try to plan something for later in the year.

I even have access to tents for those without.

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

@Robert James Did anything happen with this in the end? I was in Cuffley on Sunday for a Car boot and was reminded of this. 

Cheers ;)

No mate. Thought it went quiet, I asked him recently and he said he no longer owned/run it. I asked what happened to it but got no reply

Was in Cuffley last night actually..

shame, I totally forgot about this. Now I know why I heard nothing back about marshalling and the camping/combat option :)  

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Was in Cuffley last night actually..

shame, I totally forgot about this. Now I know why I heard nothing back about marshalling and the camping/combat option :)  

I'll message him again soon and ask him again about what happened to it

24 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

We should take it over? ;) 

That's why I'm asking 

Edit: Still owns it just too busy with other things... Interesting. I kinda want this to succeed but I don't know if he will do much with it

Edit 2: He will contact the main site owner and see if I can take it over 

Archived