Rsimson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all new to the airsoft game, played a couple of times now I have the buzz for it!

I bought nyself a gun nurpol m4 delta defender and after using it I feel it needs upgrading. So I'm here for guidance please people, any ideas would be great.

Oh and just to mention I'm looking at buying a mad bull barrel but I'm struggling to find one to fit the current size of 280mm. I was advised to get a tight bore stainless steel one?

Thanks for reading

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Rsimson said:

Hi all new to the airsoft game, played a couple of times now I have the buzz for it!

I bought nyself a gun nurpol m4 delta defender and after using it I feel it needs upgrading. So I'm here for guidance please people, any ideas would be great.

Oh and just to mention I'm looking at buying a mad bull barrel but I'm struggling to find one to fit the current size of 280mm. I was advised to get a tight bore stainless steel one?

Thanks for reading

ZCI barrel from @ak2m4 is a lot better than the mad bull one, and cheaper.

I am not a fan of the Nuprol guns, I have only seen bad things with them. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend upgrading it. You’d be better off saving your pennies and buying something a bit better. It’s great for a starters gun, but you can buy a lot better for cheaper too.

I have previously recommended the G&G CM16, but your a bit further along in the journey than that. So I’d consider looking at ICS or Specna Arms offerings as both have really impressed me recently. With just a few modifications, they can be superb pieces of Kit.

Thanks for the quick response, I have just messaged that company regarding the barrel. 

Yeh I see what your saying about a better gun but at the moment I'm happy to upgrade the current one and tbh if I break anything then it then gives me an excuse to buy something better 😂.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

11 hours ago, Rsimson said:

Thanks for reading

I am most likely going to get murdered for saying this...but. I have a Nuprol which is much newer then yours however, I say this because I have had mine for almost a year with no issues. I find that it is really reliable and has good range ect. However, nuprol is not a brand that can be easily upgraded.

I do believe the NP aegs already contain a cheap 6.03 so buying another cheap 6.03 barrel isn't going to make a great deal of difference. A better hop and nub may be a better and cheaper investment. You could get a nicer barrel but your looking in the £60-70 region. 

As above a friend of mine has one. Whilst not a popular brand which is best left for other threads it's worked well for him for over a year.

Same model IIRC. The only upgrade he did was replace the bucking and nub which has helped him lift heavier BBs and a little range/accuracy.

I'd say if you do anything do that and save the cash towards your next purchase.

• Supporters

Then you’ll want to work in air seal components. Getting the Air seal perfect will give you consistency. 

There are other bits ans bobs that’ll help too, but this is a relatively cheap/free upgrade.

Archived