Gate Titan V2

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So im thinking of Getting a Gate Titan V2 for my DMR build, tried using search to find yall's opinions on them.

So does anyone have one in their gun? and if so whats it like?

15 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Excellent bit of kit.

What do you want to know.

just want to know any important things about installing and using. Maybe the best settings for a DMR?

Havnt used anything like it before so taking the best advice i can 

• Supporters

When you buy get the advanced then you will get the better firmware and all the stuff to connect it to your phone for easy programming.

Installing is easy if you have some level of technical ability otherwise best left to a tech. 

Set up just run the pre-cock at medium or high. Set the equalizer to your preferred lenth of trigger pull. And obviously set it to safe semi semi.

Only other thing is if your site has an issue with dmr's that can fire too fast it does have delay settings that can be activated if needed.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Only other thing is if your site has an issue with dmr that can fire to fast it does have delay settings that can be activated if needed.

i know the site im going to said a DMR is any only semi gun but if i use the titan to have a 3 second trigger delay theyll class it as a sniper and allow it to be up to 500FPS

Thanks though. Ive upgraded parts of my gearbox a few times though so this shouldnt be too hard hopefully

7 hours ago, LordRonin said:

So does anyone have one in their gun? and if so whats it like?

I have one, very positive upgrade. Total control.

My only negative is the cables are very stiff (no biggy) and be careful bending the motor contacts as they snap easily.

Nothing more to say that hasn't been said already. 👍 Well worth it.

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I have one, very positive upgrade. Total control.

My only negative is the cables are very stiff (no biggy) and be careful bending the motor contacts as they snap easily.

Nothing more to say that hasn't been said already. 👍 Well worth it.

Yeah they do use a horrible wire but I always replace it.

As for the motor contacts no matter which ones you use they are always weak. The trick is to bend them then put a dab of solder on the inside of the bend. Just make sure the open end is facing up so the solder doesn't flow in and fill it.

28 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah they do use a horrible wire but I always replace it.

As for the motor contacts no matter which ones you use they are always weak. The trick is to bend them then put a dab of solder on the inside of the bend. Just make sure the open end is facing up so the solder doesn't flow in and fill it.

Are the wires good enough to hold up against a High toque Motor and Gears with a 140 Spring(if I remember correctly) They aren’t going to get hot or anything? 

Edit : It’s a 140 Spring with a SHS High Torque Motor and big dragon 100:200 Gears

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

Are the wires good enough to hold up against a High toque Motor and Gears with a 140 Spring(if I remember correctly) They aren’t going to get hot or anything? 

They will be fine. 

A high torque set up shouldn't create too much heat and no AEG should get close to wire melting hot.

The quality is ok they just use a stiff coating.

41 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for the motor contacts no matter which ones you use they are always weak.

I swapped mine out for the type that are like a washer (rather than push ons) so I could screw them onto the motor. I don't know if only certain motors allow this as I've only installed a titan once and the stock motor had this type of connector by default. I snapped the original titan ones :lol: Doh!

Good tip on the solder 👍

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

no AEG should get close to wire melting hot.

Mine did but i think it was the fuse, the Battery, fuse and motor got hot, thankfully ive ordered a new motor and the titan so any problems with the wiring or maybe motor should be fixed

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

^this man knows the truth

6 minutes ago, mintsauce5 said:

I’ve got two titans now , really nice bit of kit just found the motor wires a bit on the short side 

is Yours Rear Wired or Front?

Mine were plenty long enough, perhaps even too long for one post so it was tucked round to make it short enough to hide in the handle.

May depend on what your installing it into and I guess you could always replace wire as ImTriggerHappy said if it was an issue.

(Mine is rear wired too btw)

Ive fitted it to my build, it is so cool, Being able to see how your gun performs and its average stats are great

Love tweaking the select fire and how many bursts it can do

@mintsauce5 i did have your problem of short wires tho on the Red Motor connector, it was annoying to connect to the motor but it fit

• Supporters

Finally got around to fitting my Titan to my Specna M4 last week and ran it at the weekend. Absolute beast, totally love it. I've also fitted a Maxx CNC trigger as they have been designed to work with the Titan (and it looks nice). Fantastic response, well needed battery level warning and protection cut off. Bought the Advanced set with the USB link so now I can tweak my gun on the fly as long as I have the cable and my phone!

They certainly are a game changer, took my VFC to a different league in terms of performance.

The trigger response on single shot is incredible! 

Geeky details like connecting your phone and adjusting the settings etc is the cherry on top! 😁

• Supporters
Just now, RMDavis said:

They certainly are a game changer, took my VFC to a different league in terms of performance.

The trigger response on single shot is incredible! 

Geeky details like connecting your phone and adjusting the settings etc is the cherry on top! 😁

I can't really test fire the guns at home so it was nice to be able to adjust the precocking once I got to site at the weekend!

I have to say just on the level of convenience alone it beats the BTC I have in my SCAR hands down!

Yeah so far i love it and i have it locked to semi, The trigger responce on setting 1 is insance, you just tap the trigger and it fires. Precocking is also a good idea, and from what ive seen, you can still use your normal amount of grease aslong as its clear, maybe ive been lucky lol

and being able to plug a gun into your phone and change how it work completely is something i love

• 2 months later...

Archived