Gold match hi capa mount

Craigmiestro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve recently bought a gold match hi capa and looking to mount a tracer unit on it but I’d rather keep the weight off of the barrel and keep the gold of course. I’ve got a glock with an sas kit on the front was wondering if there’s anything similar for the 5.1 hi capas other than the nineball ones that seem to be harder to find than rocking horse shit. 

3 hours ago, Craigmiestro said:

I’ve recently bought a gold match hi capa and looking to mount a tracer unit on it but I’d rather keep the weight off of the barrel and keep the gold of course. I’ve got a glock with an sas kit on the front was wondering if there’s anything similar for the 5.1 hi capas other than the nineball ones that seem to be harder to find than rocking horse shit. 

Eliteshootingcentre says the Nineball ones don’t fit

I wouldn't even worry about the weight on the barrel unless your mounting a ridiculous tracer unit.

Just grab a gold, threaded barrel and slap it on with a thread adaptor if required.

My tracer unit arrived yesterday and I immediately took it out the box to feel the weight.

It's an Acetech 'Lighter' tracer unit and when they say lighter, they ain't messing about!

Take a 20p coin from your wallet and feel the weight of that... Feels about the same weight to me.

Edit: I just looked up the actual weight of the unit.. it's supposedly 60 grams. Doesn't feel like it at all. But even 60 grams is nothing when you consider people have been using big, heavy (130 grams) TM tracer units for years and years without any fancy mounting for it and had no issues.

7 minutes ago, Seven said:

Just grab a gold, threaded barrel and slap it on with a thread adaptor if required.

You can’t. Gold Match has a custom barrel design that doesn’t drop from the internals, so changing it negates part of what a GM is

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

You can’t. Gold Match has a custom barrel design that doesn’t drop from the internals, so changing it negates part of what a GM is

You really can and easily obtained.

Cowcow for a start do a non-dropping threaded barrel in gold, silver and black.

Screenshot_20190215-222557_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a94f88f10c96815ff1f5788405ec977.jpg

5 minutes ago, Seven said:

You really can and easily obtained.

Cowcow for a start do a non-dropping threaded barrel in gold, silver and black.

Nope. The TM NON-drop system is different to aftermarket versions, if your going to do that, no point in spending the extra on a GM

37 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

37 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope. The TM NON-drop system is different to aftermarket versions, if your going to do that, no point in spending the extra on a GM

True, but he already has the GM so it's too late... But it's still a viable solution since the SAS kit won't fit.

Edit: and despite the no drop system maybe being different... The result is the same is it not? Either way the barrel is fixed?

The internal barrel is spring loaded to the external barrel there is a threaded barrel for it that elite shooting has for the gold match saves getting rid of the fancy internals. Alternative would be to swap the internal barrel and the external but as rocket said that defeates the purpose of the gm upgrades from a normal 5.1

Archived