Hop up arms not long enough?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heya,

Just bought a prommy blue bucking and a couple of flat nubs for my arp, and I noticed that the hop arm doesn't push down enough to have any sort of effect 😕 (using the stock G&G rotary chamber)..

is there anything I'm missing?

• Supporters

The Prommy Blue and Black are shite.

Better off flat hopping the Standard G&g green.

Have you the prommy flat nubs? Might be worth trying the Biro mod with them.

The nubs are prommy bridge type ones, these http://www.tacticalcustom.com/it/gommini-hop-up/2993-prometheus-pressore-flat-hop-up-tensioner-bridge-type-0005322.html

Flat with a small trench in the middle, 2 in the pack, one blue (softer) and one black (harder).

I heard the blue buckings were shit, but I wanted to try them out anyway..

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Are you sure the nub isn't catching on the window in the hop unit/barrel? They can sometimes need a bit of trimming.

Already trimmed.

It does the same with the standard tubular nub that comes with G&G greens. Fully dialed in yet it only applies barely enough hop to lift .25s..

I will update this post tomorrow with a couple of sketches so you guy get an idea (cba to take down the hop again)

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Skara said:

Already trimmed.

It does the same with the standard tubular nub that comes with G&G greens. Fully dialed in yet it only applies barely enough hop to lift .25s..

I will update this post tomorrow with a couple of sketches so you guy get an idea (cba to take down the hop again)

i think i get what you mean, although i'm surprised you're getting it with a standard type hop unit, normally it's the pro-win/madbull style ones have trouble with not enough lift

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Skara said:

Already trimmed.

There is a small hole through the top of the nub put a piece of bar through it so that part of the nub cant compress. Also when doing a flat hop it works best if you angle the window on the barrel. This allows the rubber to push through with less tension. Also check the width not just the length of the nub.

Failing that add a spacer.

28 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

There is a small hole through the top of the nub put a piece of bar through it so that part of the nub cant compress. Also when doing a flat hop it works best if you angle the window on the barrel. This allows the rubber to push through with less tension. Also check the width not just the length of the nub.

Failing that add a spacer.

What do you mean by angling the barrel?

31 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i think i get what you mean, although i'm surprised you're getting it with a standard type hop unit, normally it's the pro-win/madbull style ones have trouble with not enough lift

I also found the same problem with a Retro Arms CNC'd hop chamber and a Modify flat bucking + nub.

It's me being either completely retarded or extremely unlucky with my purchases 😕

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

I also found the same problem with a Retro Arms CNC'd hop chamber and a Modify flat bucking + nub.

It's me being either completely retarded or extremely unlucky with my purchases 😕

yeah, the pro win seems to have the biggest lift of the aftermarket ones, but not as much as a default style.

you could look at the maple leaf macaron or rhopping, more meat inside to account for the lack of travel.

Archived