G&P/Polarstar R3 Build summary and thoughts.

Guest StrategyBish
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest StrategyBish

I purchased myself the new G&P R3 m4 as a late birthday present.

After a thorough testing in both woodland and CQB I can confidently say this rifle is world class, 100% consistent and utilising the benefits of HPA without the restriction of remote lines. Its so much fun shooting it.

Items I changed on the rifle:

1. Octa arms M-LOK rail, custom CNC'd Barrel nut in order to fit.

2. Dytac QD pistol grip (for easy access to FCU)

3. Swapped the supplied micro FCU to the P* FCU.

4. SPEED Airsoft Blade Trigger.

5. Filled the gearbox with sound adsorbant material.

The barrel/hopup settings is as follows:

1. MAXX SE Hop unit (Standard hop arm)

2. PDI 6.05x420mm Stainless steel barrel

3. Faceless Sniper RHop patch for PDI

4. Modify Ryusoku Bucking + flat nub

Currently using 0.3g bbs and having pinpoint accuracy and consistency shot to shot. Easily reaching out past 50 meters.

My general opinions from using this rifle are as follows:

1. The stock FCU is awkward to program and I ended accidentaly resetting it 5 times just setting the dwell. Reccomend changing to the regular P* FCU to make programming much easier.

2. The polymer externals (charging handle, bolt catch etc.) werent to my taste so swapped those out for metal counterparts.

3. The supplied G&P magazines, although they have a fanominal feed rate, up to 70rps! The spring doesnt fully empty the mag so can be annoying when checking.

4. Having a 13ci tank is great for keeping the rifle slim lined, but the air volume will limit your play style massivly. With semi only @350fps I am getting an average of 700-800 shots per fill. if you where playing a long game/milsim you will need to carry spare tanks.

5. When fully built and using a foam filled supressor the rifle is astoundingly quiet (main selling point for me).

I am aware i have fully modified my rifle externally and internally. If you are looking into purchasing this rifle and read this post I would say go for it. you can use it bone stock and it still be an outstanding weapon and well worth the price point and would reccomend it to anyone thinking about it.

Photo_1549972522495.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice build. Thinking about trying HPA... Did you have to import the RIF (from the US or elsewhere) or did you actually find a UK based seller?

Archived