TM NGRS 416

SeniorSpaz87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello,

I have the opportunity to trade of of my guns for a really nice-looking TM NGRS 416. I am 99% going to go through with it already, but figured Id get yall's opinion since they are so rare on this side of the pond.

Build list:

Tokyo Marui Next-Gen Recoil Shock 416

Gate MOSFET

Magpul CTR

suppressor

5 mags

image_6483441.JPG.5985792b97fa01a1b06060ff487cded5.JPG

Pls take the following the way it is meant, as a heads up, not a criticism of your choice.

I would be slightly concerned about the wire and the "thing" wire tied to the stock.

It is either wired for self destruction and that's a bomb attached to the stock (unlikely but you never know)

Or (more likely) a battery pack. It looks to me like, the thicker wiring from the Gate that hasn't been passed through the channel in the buffer tube and under the locking ring (which is a PITA to do, but IMO looks nicer).

This could be an indicator of a 1/2 arsed job fitting the Gate.

HTH

alan

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Pls take the following the way it is meant, as a heads up, not a criticism of your choice.

I would be slightly concerned about the wire and the "thing" wire tied to the stock.

It is either wired for self destruction and that's a bomb attached to the stock (unlikely but you never know)

Or (more likely) a battery pack. It looks to me like, the thicker wiring from the Gate that hasn't been passed through the channel in the buffer tube and under the locking ring (which is a PITA to do, but IMO looks nicer).

HTH

alan

Rewiring isn’t an issue for me. Due to me work I am chummy with my

lical shop so they’ll redo it for me if I need it 

• Supporters

Agree with Guyver , if they’ve done that piss poor a job of re-wireing it what nightmares will be found inside? 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

HTH

alan

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Agree with Guyver , if they’ve done that piss poor a job of re-wireing it what nightmares will be found inside? 

I asked him, and yes that's where he would run the battery. I plan to use 11.1s inside the buffer tube so I won't need that. He also said the GATE install was done by his shop and he personally hasn't opened it. So we should be good there. 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

You won't be running anything inside the buffer tube! I can guarantee that! 

Oh? Small tube? I guess I can run external, but Ill definitely move that wire so its not dangling. 

• Supporters

The buffer tube is filled with the recoil weight and springs.  Best bet for a TM recoil shock is a crane stock of some kind. If you're dead set on running a CTR you can hollow out a 0.75" extended buttpad and fit a 7.4v LiPo in there.  

Wouldn't recommend running 11.1v either, firing at too high a RPS can run into problems with the recoil weight returning out of sync with the piston resulting in a very smashed piston.  

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

The buffer tube is filled with the recoil weight and springs.  Best bet for a TM recoil shock is a crane stock of some kind. If you're dead set on running a CTR you can hollow out a 0.75" extended buttpad and fit a 7.4v LiPo in there.  

Wouldn't recommend running 11.1v either, firing at too high a RPS can run into problems with the recoil weight returning out of sync with the piston resulting in a very smashed piston.  

Thanks for the info. When I lived in the UK I never even considered getting a Marui Recoil so never really looked into them, and over here they're ever rarer. I dont care at all about the CTR stock, it just comes with the package. I can use a crane no problem.

Archived