UK Armed Police Loadout

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As has been touched on by others, you can dress up as a police officer all you want. The crime comes if you actually try and act like a police officer while dressed as one (so fooling people into thinking you have authority).

I've bought a lot of stuff from this seller on ebay - https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bluehat21&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2545226.m2531.l4585  

They seem to stock a whole range of police things! 

I think you should be ok if you don't wear it off site. (getting changed into it when you arrive at the skirmish location and before you leave). I have seen people do armed police loadouts before and some of them are really good.

.from the words of armed police officers themselves . Wearing Police uniforms, patches and equipment (other than illegal weapons) is perfectly fine in an airsoft setting as long as you make no attempt to deceive or pass yourself off as a police officer to members of the public . Also if you commit any crime while in in possession of police uniform will see a whole raft of new charges being added to your prosecution .

Be sensible , only wear at the events. And for your own personal security , keep it out of sight when not at the event 

54 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

And for your own personal security , keep it out of sight when not at the event 

Very important point there, for a few different reasons

Once on the way to a game we stopped off at the garage for early morning coffee & chocolates etc 

I then watched my mate walk out of the garage without a care in the world, paper under one arm, coffee in the other hand.  Nothing wrong with that.

But he was dressed in army ‘mixed’ dress.  A breach of army dress regulations if he was real, but fresh haircut from the day before, boots, combat trousers, regimental style t shirt.

Not walting, but to the casual eye an off duty squaddie, or the opportunist eye - an off duty squaddie not paying attention to his surroundings.

He didn’t give a shit when I told him, as all the squaddies do that .... until I pointed out that he’s not a trained dealer of death, and hasn’t had the latest local and national threat awareness updates 

Make sure that whatever you’re wearing you don’t look like something you aren’t, it’s not purely walting or impersonation.

I’ve even once had a comment in the street “not cool man”, for Enola Gaye branded clothing.

Out of context he’s seen that as a reference to Hiroshima & the slightly differently spelled  Enola Gay

A slightly innappropriate location, is the industry one of our guys works in takes him regularly to Sony’s UK headquarters where he is often wearing Enola Gaye casual wear 

2 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Once on the way to a game we stopped off at the garage for early morning coffee & chocolates etc 

I then watched my mate walk out of the garage without a care in the world, paper under one arm, coffee in the other hand.  Nothing wrong with that.

But he was dressed in army ‘mixed’ dress.  A breach of army dress regulations if he was real, but fresh haircut from the day before, boots, combat trousers, regimental style t shirt.

Not walting, but to the casual eye an off duty squaddie, or the opportunist eye - an off duty squaddie not paying attention to his surroundings.

He didn’t give a shit when I told him, as all the squaddies do that .... until I pointed out that he’s not a trained dealer of death, and hasn’t had the latest local and national threat awareness updates 

Make sure that whatever you’re wearing you don’t look like something you aren’t, it’s not purely walting or impersonation.

I’ve even once had a comment in the street “not cool man”, for Enola Gaye branded clothing.

Out of context he’s seen that as a reference to Hiroshima & the slightly differently spelled  Enola Gay

A slightly innappropriate location, is the industry one of our guys works in takes him regularly to Sony’s UK headquarters where he is often wearing Enola Gaye casual wear 

I know its not usually something we would worry about, or even SHOULD worry about. But some very good points there actually..  I for one had certainly never given it any thought!!

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I had a similar situation last summer, was on the way to an Airsoft game, had camo trousers on Black t shirt. 

Motorcyclist had an accident in front of us. So we got out and helped, called the ambulance blah blah, went the whole 9 yards. 

When the paramedics got there they immediately assumed that we were serving soldiers, I immediately corrected them, said where we were going and what we were doing.

It did get me thinking if anyone else had a similar situation.

Archived